PDA

View Full Version : Eagle lake strathmore ? And PCR upDate

dsbooyah
02-20-2012, 05:40 AM
Has anyone been out on this lake lately? Just wondering what the ice thickness is. Have not been there in a couple years.

PCR went on sun and ice was over 2 feet over on dock side. Caught about 8 burbots and 5 walleyes starting just after 8pm. I was fishing in between 25-28 feet of water using smelts soaked in gulp juice. I always have extra gulp juice from summer fishing so I freeze my smelts in it. Works quite well.

howlin
02-20-2012, 08:21 AM
a buddy was out on sat ,said there was lots of ice(and lots of people).he did manage a c and r hammer handle tho.

winger7mm
02-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Well I finally made it out to pcr, the ice was planty thick to drive on. I caught maybe 10 walleye, A nice 10lb pike, a smaller 5lb pike but no burbot :( thats practiacally the last alberta game fish I need to catch before I had caught them all, other then dolly varden and a brown trout

dsbooyah
02-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Well I finally made it out to pcr, the ice was planty thick to drive on. I caught maybe 10 walleye, A nice 10lb pike, a smaller 5lb pike but no burbot :( thats practiacally the last alberta game fish I need to catch before I had caught them all, other then dolly varden and a brown trout

We found going later in the day had the burbot biting. We had hits just after 8pm

BeeGuy
02-20-2012, 10:06 PM

Take any pics?

dsbooyah
02-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Take any pics?

i have, just trying to figure out the best way to get them off my iphone and post here.

BeeGuy
02-21-2012, 12:06 AM
i have, just trying to figure out the best way to get them off my iphone and post here.

i email them to myself, down load, then upload here. just takes a couple minutes