PDA

View Full Version : Found My New Avatar

ogre
02-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Grrrrrr.

Car is mine... TENT IS NOT.
:angry3:

Fishing out on Sylvan RR23 on Monday 20th. Out came this guy and his "clan". By "clan" I mean "tribe". Wife, kids, kids' kids, etc. Seven or eight tents in all. Set up 10 feet from my car. I was fishing on the other side, the passenger side. Then this guy proceeded to get a younger man, in his 50's to drill a hole 4 feet from my driver side, and moved his tent there. All this as I was there taking a break. Did not say "hello", "may we", "nice day", or anything. Seemed like the most logical thing to do.

I snapped this picture for use as my avatar. Kind of an explanation for why "Ogres" don't like crowds. And look at where the real shanty town is in the background.

Rant over.:shark:

Guitarplayingfish
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
You should have drilled holes around the outside of his tent and fished right beside his tent window... haha

Ken07AOVette
02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
You kept your cool Shrek, good on you :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Unbelievable what idiots will do. I may not have been so level headed.

Jamie Black R/T
02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
1: roll down windows
2: insert Dice Clay cd
3: play at volume only those within 25 yards can hear
4: move tent over freshly drilled holes after "tribe" vacates the area

im gonna try this sometime soon....it works fantastic in theory! :)

Okotokian
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM

That was my thought. If Dice doesn't work, some Celine will.

Jamie Black R/T
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM
That was my thought. If Dice doesn't work, some Celine will.

that it may....but id probably leave first and walk home

ogre
02-21-2012, 11:57 AM
All really good suggestions. But Jamie's might end up killing me first, as I probably have more grey matter to lose.
:sign0161:

iliketrout
02-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Despite the aggresive tribe...how was the fishing?

ogre
02-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Saw fish steadily 2 - 5. Landed my 5th whites @ 5 sharp. It was a beautiful day. Saw a BIG pike. It was 5 feet under my 8" hole, but the span between its eyes exceeded the diameter. Didn't know Sylvan has such big gurls.

Mike_W
02-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Some People are just to stupid to fix.
I am a hole hopper I will pop at least five hole for myself usually 5 per person.
I bring extra buckets and charis and set them out cause numerous times I will pop holes all withing 25 yards of my truck and others will drive up and start fishing out of my holes.
Some people just don't respect people space.

FishingFrenzy
02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Thats a great time to start a conversation with your fishing buddies, LOUDLY discussing @$$***es that set up too close.

CamoDerrick
02-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Its amazing how with such a big lake people do this. I was fishing this past weekend and two trucks pulled within 10 feet of my truck, the old screaming kids with swearing parents. Didn't say one word to me.

I ended up packing up and moving 50 yards away, figured that would be easier.

Fishing that close is bad enough, but parking that close can just be plain dangerous.

deepfried
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM
HEY THATS MY TENT :fighting0074:
Haha Just kidding ...
Had the same thing about a month ago only no tent and dude was a VERY overweight gentleman who everytime he bent over to check his hole his pants came down about half way down his ass crack ....... Needless to say the wife and I moved , didnt feel like chatting with him !!!!! :scared0018:

Dust1n
02-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Get BGSH over there and push him down his hole :sHa_sarcasticlol:

bpallen
02-22-2012, 08:43 AM
What a Rude bunch of A%$ Holes.

We encounter the same thing in March at Buck. People figure we have the honey holes because we have a couple of whites on the ice and move right in. I learned many years ago - there is no talking to them, they just don't get it. My father always said when dealing with people like that - there is not point is stating the obvious because they don't care and.....

" You can't fix Stupid "

Jwood 456
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow! What a bunch of inconsiderate idiots if something like that happened while my fishing partner and I were fishing, my fishing partner would give them some pretty good glares and say out loud to me "man, don't you hate it when those idiots move right in on you" until they couldn't stand to stick around anymore. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

It would almost be tempting enough to get a cheap car battery and hook a boombox up and blast screamo and drive off. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Jwood 456
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Thats a great time to start a conversation with your fishing buddies, LOUDLY discussing @$$***es that set up too close.

X2!

Pudelpointer
02-22-2012, 01:04 PM
ROAR!!!

Lol. Wife calls me an ogre all the time, and I usually say "this is the part where you runaway."

Yéil
02-22-2012, 02:43 PM
We had the same thing happen at a little lake near here... hubby and I were nicely set up, pulling in brookies and the clan of the knuckle dragging cave people showed up and drilled between my spot and my hubby's.

Payback was... brookies kept leaping onto our lines and theirs stayed quiet...they finally left after an hour.

thefloormat
02-22-2012, 03:06 PM
any chance you can post the image? id like to show a friend of mine, but bigger than your 1" avatar photo.

ogre
02-22-2012, 03:23 PM
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w378/Ogre2012/IMG_2701.jpg