PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo Fatfish model 949i

overparr
02-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Anyone out there know where I can purchase the Eskimo 949i shelter have chsecked Cabella's Wholesale Sports and the Fishinghole all sold out..
Need one for this weekend if possible??? To late I know lol...

bigbuckhunter_69
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
I was in search of that very tent a couple of weeks ago. I tried to find one everywhere. I even looked in the states and on the eskimo website. Everyone is out of stock for the season. I ended up ordering the 3 man Fish Inn shelter from costco online and received it in 3 business days. I used it this past weekend and have no complaints, all in all a pretty good tent, especially for the price. $180.00 delivered to my door.

Fish-killer
02-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I just bought the Woods 2 man, for 139.99 at WSS... 60 seconds to popup.

Perfect. Little heater and some foam pads.

I have a picture I will post when I get home.

The 4 man is like 159.99 6 man is like 239.99

overparr
02-22-2012, 09:06 AM
I was in search of that very tent a couple of weeks ago. I tried to find one everywhere. I even looked in the states and on the eskimo website. Everyone is out of stock for the season. I ended up ordering the 3 man Fish Inn shelter from costco online and received it in 3 business days. I used it this past weekend and have no complaints, all in all a pretty good tent, especially for the price. $180.00 delivered to my door.

I thought about the Inn but after reading several reviews I decided to spend more bucks on the Eskimo although the Eskimo had problems with the hubs falling off the end of the pollls. Suggestions were to epoxy the hubs into place but as others mentioned that should be done at the factory. The negative reviews on the Inn had to deal with the plastic windows cracking

happyhunter_83
02-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I'll second the Fish Inn... good value, strong, excellent return policy at Costco. I've only used 5 times or so, but I think it'll hold up.

pechetr
02-22-2012, 07:47 PM
I bought the Woods 4 man after I found out that the Eskimos were sold out across North America until June. I am glad I did. Was inexpensive, works great, and there are a lot of Eskimo tents coming back with bad hubs in talking with the many of the vendors.

azn_rice_man
02-22-2012, 08:42 PM
I've been trying to locate one since December. Haven't had much luck. I just contacted Eskimo and they told me they been sold out at the warehouse for some time now.

stompit
02-22-2012, 09:37 PM
There was one at a new store in lloydminister. I don't remember the name but someone told me about it on AO. You should be able to search it on here. I was interested until I found the 7 man fatfish at WSS in Grande Prairie on sale for 379. They wanted 450 or something for the 949i

Wile E.
02-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Did you check your local Peavey Mart and or Walmart? I just saw a bunch of tents piled on the floor somewhere...I want to say Walmart on Stoney Plain road on the far west end of Edmonton??????????? or the Costco near South Edmonton Common??????? :thinking-006:

overparr
02-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Did you check your local Peavey Mart and or Walmart? I just saw a bunch of tents piled on the floor somewhere...I want to say Walmart on Stoney Plain road on the far west end of Edmonton??????????? or the Costco near South Edmonton Common??????? :thinking-006:

Yea I checked Peavy Mart & Walmart to no avail, however as mentioned in an earlier thread I have located one in Cold Lake it's not the insulated one but it is the 4 man fatfish eskimo 949. The store would not hold it for me so I will travel there this weekend as I plan on more lake trout fishing on Cold Lake this weekkend

slingshotz
02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I got the non-insulated version from Bass Pro. Lots of others have looked for the insulated version with no luck. You would have thought it would sell well up here.

azn_rice_man
02-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Was talking with a guy at Fishing Hole and he said that he's never seen any in stock before, but can special order them with extra $20 shipping. Anyone actually have experience with this model and can comment on quality? I currently own the Clam Base Camp and find the quality to be pretty good for the price, but would love to upgrade to the Fatfish 949i.

stompit
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM
The name of the store was Excile Outdoors in Lloyd. They had one a month ago.

azn_rice_man
02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Anyone know the retail price on those?

Kevwood
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I just left Cabelas...there are 4 fatfish 949's on the floor right at the door when you come in.

Kevwood
02-23-2012, 08:12 PM
I just left Cabelas...there are 4 fatfish 949's on the floor right at the door when you come in.

Sorry, didn't see th "i" in the thread title

overparr
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
The name of the store was Excile Outdoors in Lloyd. They had one a month ago.
Yes I shop there frequently, I was in the store the other day and did not see one there, They had a cheaper style but not close to what I am looking for.
I bought my Hummingbird Ice 55 fish finder there last week nice unit but does not locate your fishing lure very well once you go beyond 120 ft...