PDA

View Full Version : Lakes near the town of Smoky Lake

foxrider
02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
So me and my fishing buddy ussually go to brodyk lake fishing but im getting bored of it, mons, bellis, and shemeluck. Theres a couple little lakes im looking to try out near them, one is called lungul lake and the other is an unnammed lake that is at the end of a dead end on range road 172 just north of township 600, any body got info on these lakes?

BBD
02-22-2012, 07:22 AM
There's no fish in Lungul Lake & access to it is 90% privately owned by one family who don't allow access. If you know where to go to get on it give it a try though.

Kim473
02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
There is probly 20 lakes or more, less than an hr of smokey lake. Google earth is your freind. Just too many to list.

sirmike68
02-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Kaduc Lake is just north of Bellis a few miles. I was there 10 years ago and had good luck but I believe the water level might have dropped quite a bit. I've always wanted to go back just never get the time to revisit the old stomping grounds.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-23-2012, 02:13 AM
Island Lake , Hanmore , Long Lake isnt far , North Buck , Skelliton , Half moon near Thorhild , etc etc etc , Go get yourself a Barry Mitchells book , the info is 200 years old , but the locations and dirctions are good . 12 bucks well spent .

gube
02-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Kaduc Lake is just north of Bellis a few miles. I was there 10 years ago and had good luck but I believe the water level might have dropped quite a bit. I've always wanted to go back just never get the time to revisit the old stomping grounds.

My dad was at Kaduc earlier this winter. Didn't see a single fish in the camera.
Looks like the perch they transplanted from Mons a while back never survived the previous winters.

Coltye
02-23-2012, 07:09 PM
My dad was at Kaduc earlier this winter. Didn't see a single fish in the camera.
Looks like the perch they transplanted from Mons a while back never survived the previous winters.

Heard from a few friends that it actually winter killed this year,thats sucks cause now you go fish mons and you actually have to work for the kids to catch somthing.

borchy
02-23-2012, 07:32 PM

Last I was there it had winter killed that was years ago

King Midas
02-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Island Lake , Hanmore , Long Lake isnt far , North Buck , Skelliton , Half moon near Thorhild , etc etc etc , Go get yourself a Barry Mitchells book , the info is 200 years old , but the locations and dirctions are good . 12 bucks well spent .

Have you ever been to half moon lake? I heard there is not a lot of fish in there, and those there are small? Not sure though

sirmike68
02-24-2012, 12:00 PM

DAMN! Liked that little lake.

bessiedog
02-24-2012, 02:27 PM
I fished allthose lakes back in the day,

kaduk would produce monnster perch.. you just had to find them

Brodek lake had big perch and decent pike... great canoing. Wed portage from shemeluk lake.

Shemelukused to have regular 1 To 5 pounders in there... great trout. Please dont tell me some one firedperch in there.

Mons was awsome for small perch and the odd big brute pike.

Whitefish lake was alot of fun we caught all kindsout of there, even pickerel...er walleye.

Hanmore lake had some really big but picky whites in it... they were tough to locate, but worth the effort.

I miss those lakes, and all the summers on the farm as a kid.

Nickote316
02-24-2012, 05:12 PM
I fished allthose lakes back in the day,

kaduk would produce monnster perch.. you just had to find them

Brodek lake had big perch and decent pike... great canoing. Wed portage from shemeluk lake.

Shemelukused to have regular 1 To 5 pounders in there... great trout. Please dont tell me some one firedperch in there.

Mons was awsome for small perch and the odd big brute pike.

Whitefish lake was alot of fun we caught all kindsout of there, even pickerel...er walleye.

Hanmore lake had some really big but picky whites in it... they were tough to locate, but worth the effort.

I miss those lakes, and all the summers on the farm as a kid.

No perch in Shemeluk (thank god) but it winter killed the last few years. Not sure about this year.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Have you ever been to half moon lake? I heard there is not a lot of fish in there, and those there are small? Not sure though

PM ME To keep this under wraps sorry for such delay in my responce .

-JR-
02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Fished half moon lake 2 years back .nice little lake for car toppers.
Got my 19 ft baylinner in ,wish I had a 4x4 to get it out.
Everyone at the lake were going for perch we went for pike and caught around 10 .small campgrounds maybe 15 stalls or so.