PDA

View Full Version : Pine Coulee

deepfried
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey thinking of heading down to Pine Coulee tomorrow morning as I have the day off and so does my buddy. Just wondering if anyone has been out there lately and can tell me ice thickness and whats been working ? Was thinking of hittin the boat launch on the s.w corner of the lake ... Can you drive on ? .... this is the first time fishing Pine Coulee for me ....

Thanks !

winger7mm
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey thinking of heading down to Pine Coulee tomorrow morning as I have the day off and so does my buddy. Just wondering if anyone has been out there lately and can tell me ice thickness and whats been working ? Was thinking of hittin the boat launch on the s.w corner of the lake ... Can you drive on ? .... this is the first time fishing Pine Coulee for me ....

Thanks !

You can drive on it, I was in an S10 and didnt question it but a bigger truck may be iffy

deepfried
02-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks winger!

wildcat111
02-22-2012, 04:40 PM
yes sir the ice is 16 or so inches, no problem driving on , we were catching lots with a chartruse jig head, also white and orange jig heads were working, we had small minnows and smelts on the jigs. also a buddy was usuing a pickoral rig and he was doing really well, we tryed close in shore not so great, about 50 yards off the boat launch was best.if its slow there head over to clear lake the pike were biting hard ,a couple of days ago in about 6 ft of water. good luck