PDA

View Full Version : Elinor Lake

knifeman
02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Has anyone been out? just wondering how the ice is and also how was the fishing?

full_throttle
02-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Have been there a few times, ice is auger balls deep. Fishing is so so, a few average perch, catching lots of pickerel, too bad you can't keep any there.

deercrazy!
02-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Just go to one of the many other lakes in the area Elinor is a mess with the development going on there the lake is gona be ruined if it isn't already . Don't give the criminals that started the disaster there any support STAY AWAY!!!

horsetrader
02-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Just go to one of the many other lakes in the area Elinor is a mess with the development going on there the lake is gona be ruined if it isn't already . Don't give the criminals that started the disaster there any support STAY AWAY!!!

So you haven't even fished there just gripping?

deercrazy!
02-28-2012, 11:03 PM
I haven't been back there in a couple years ,ever since I cought wind of the plans for the area I had a bad taste in my mouth but to go and see the mess for myself it was even worse ,there is way to much fishing pressure and speed boating on what was a beautiful little lake is killing it.everything that was good about elinor lk is changed for the worse so I figure the fishing is gona follow suit

horsetrader
02-28-2012, 11:33 PM
I haven't been back there in a couple years ,ever since I cought wind of the plans for the area I had a bad taste in my mouth but to go and see the mess for myself it was even worse ,there is way to much fishing pressure and speed boating on what was a beautiful little lake is killing it.everything that was good about elinor lk is changed for the worse so I figure the fishing is gona follow suit

I fish Elinore 2-3 times in summer and 1-2 in winter 3-4 days each time have never had an issue with speed boats less then most lakes anyway and fishing has been good will be there in March some where between 12-20 it is a beautiful lake and have seen little change

highwood
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
I fish Elinore 2-3 times in summer and 1-2 in winter 3-4 days each time have never had an issue with speed boats less then most lakes anyway and fishing has been good will be there in March some where between 12-20 it is a beautiful lake and have seen little change

How long have you been fishing it? There has been a massive change since the early 90's. However I guess that's true for most lakes in that area.

horsetrader
02-29-2012, 11:59 AM
How long have you been fishing it? There has been a massive change since the early 90's. However I guess that's true for most lakes in that area.

Have only been here 5 years so yes there could have been a great change that i don't know about. I just find it rather rude to blame it on development that has been going on for only several years from what I have been told. The people that are developing the area seem to be very conscious of the lake and take great care that they are not imposing on it. But you can not fault people for wanting to capitalize on their investment.

AxeMan
02-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Rumour is Elinor will have walleye tags for next season and that is a good thing. They need a little thinning out. I have fished Elinor since the early eighties and it certainly has changed a great deal. I am not a fan of the development either. It is not a nice development at all.

horsetrader
02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Rumour is Elinor will have walleye tags for next season and that is a good thing. They need a little thinning out. I have fished Elinor since the early eighties and it certainly has changed a great deal. I am not a fan of the development either. It is not a nice development at all.

Just curious what is your problem with the development?

highwood
02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
As Axeman said, the development there has certainly taken a toll on the lake. I used to fish the lake regularly with his brother in the 90's and there has been a massive change. The lake got a ton more pressure since the Elinor Lake Resort first opened. That being said, the overpopulation of walleye has changed Elinor alot and the size of walleye as well as perch has decreased significantly regardless of the campground. The development in the area is certainly not the only factor, but it surely has contributed. It was nice to have an easily accessible lake in that lakeland area without having a campground like Pinehurst, Touchwood, etc, but it seems those days are long gone. They could have at least made a nice campground if they wanted to develop the area.

horsetrader
02-29-2012, 02:59 PM
As Axeman said, the development there has certainly taken a toll on the lake. I used to fish the lake regularly with his brother in the 90's and there has been a massive change. The lake got a ton more pressure since the Elinor Lake Resort first opened. That being said, the overpopulation of walleye has changed Elinor alot and the size of walleye as well as perch has decreased significantly regardless of the campground. The development in the area is certainly not the only factor, but it surely has contributed. It was nice to have an easily accessible lake in that lakeland area without having a campground like Pinehurst, Touchwood, etc, but it seems those days are long gone. They could have at least made a nice campground if they wanted to develop the area.

From what I hear it was a private camp ground for years and was offered to the province before the new construction began but they turned it down and the city oked the plans for bareland condos. But I do think they need to open walleye tag there

AxeMan
02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Just curious what is your problem with the development?

It is ugly, dusty, and torn up by quad traffic. I liked the open field and the old barn that used to be there before it. This used to be one of my favorite lakes and I just personally find it sad that this lake and many others are being developed.

Horsetrader, if the government allowed it there would be many people trying to capitalize on their investments by developing pristine lakeshore properties.

I guess I just like undeveloped lakes, that is all.

Highwood saw some of the the old times on Elinor when it was a good multi-species lake with quality fish. Whoever says it has seen little change is a Johnny-Come-Lately.

pickrel pat
02-29-2012, 08:44 PM
development on any lake is just plain unattractive. Would rather see eagle nests and stands of spruce, birch, and poplar lining the shoreline. I dont wanna see houses, docks, volleyball nets, and jet skis. for me anyway.....

horsetrader
02-29-2012, 09:02 PM
development on any lake is just plain unattractive. Would rather see eagle nests and stands of spruce, birch, and poplar lining the shoreline. I dont wanna see houses, docks, volleyball nets, and jet skis. for me anyway.....

If you buy the land then you can keep it that way

topgun
02-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Horse trader i take it you have a property there? Otherwise you would not be so readily supportive of such a thing. Locals told me last summer that the lake was basically privatized and use was exclusively for the residents, i dont need to see it to know it will never be like it was when my dad took me in the early eighties and all that was there was an old trappers cabin and a poor boat launch with barely enough room to turn your boat trailer around! Limits were liberal and pressure was moderate and the surroundings were not abused.

pickrel pat
02-29-2012, 09:20 PM
If you buy the land then you can keep it that way

thanks tips. like i said......... thats just me.

horsetrader
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Horse trader i take it you have a property there? Otherwise you would not be so readily supportive of such a thing. Locals told me last summer that the lake was basically privatized and use was exclusively for the residents, i dont need to see it to know it will never be like it was when my dad took me in the early eighties and all that was there was an old trappers cabin and a poor boat launch with barely enough room to turn your boat trailer around! Limits were liberal and pressure was moderate and the surroundings were not abused.

Well you would be wrong I would like to see lake frontage remain the way it is but if the province won't spend the money then you can't blame the owners recovering some of their money back. If you want things to remain you must do something and put yourself out. For the time being my land is still in Ont but could change soon

horsetrader
02-29-2012, 09:38 PM
thanks tips. like i said......... thats just me.

I completely understand was not a shot at you it is just the only way to slow things down Bought my land in Ont figuring on staying there But we can't always get what we want.

avb3
02-29-2012, 09:55 PM
I completely understand was not a shot at you it is just the only way to slow things down Bought my land in Ont figuring on staying there But we can't always get what we want.

I've had some good bass fishing there. :fighting0074:

horsetrader
02-29-2012, 10:26 PM
I've had some good bass fishing there. :fighting0074:

LOL at Elinore ...lol

kidd
03-01-2012, 09:51 AM
The Resort is for sale right now for $10mil. There is a lot of future development opportunity there thats for sure. I bet a google search would find the marketing brochure that I saw a few days ago....
kidd