PDA

View Full Version : Lundbrick falls area

Bfishin
02-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi all, heres a change of subject from ice fishing.
If anyone has fly fished this area and wants to kick a little info my way it would be much appreciated.
Friend and I missed out on a Slave Lake weekend in January due to lack of ice so our wives are ok'ing a weekender to this area for some spring fly fishing.
:sHa_shakeshout::snapoutofit::happy0180:
We know nothing of the area but know its beautiful country and the fishing can be very good long as the water level is not too high.
A ton 'o questions so anything you have woulod be appreciated.
Cheers and good fishin..

bobalong
02-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I fished the area a few years back, west of the falls. The weekend we were there was a little cool, so it was not that busy and the fishing was good. If the weather is nice it gets pretty busy around there this time of year. Fish were in most of the deeper pools and pretty aggressive. Nymph fishing with an indicator and a beadhead anything worked about the best. You can walk and wade this river pretty easy, lots of trails and shallow water where it is easy to cross from side to side.

Guitarplayingfish
02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
lumbreck*

GeoTrekr
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
lumbreck*

... or even more accurately, Lundbreck*

:)

Guitarplayingfish
02-24-2012, 12:08 PM
haha good call, I should have known that :sign0176:

flyguyd
02-24-2012, 12:23 PM
And go small . 5-6X tippet size 10 and under fly

jrs
02-24-2012, 04:03 PM
It's busy, but some good fish can be had. Just wait your turn, respect the other guys on the river, and all can have a great day out. I find little nymphs are king early in the year, but pitching big streamers can be very rewarding too. I find the fishing is best when the waters running a bit higher than it is now but then again, it sure beats staring down a 10'' hole in the ice. ONly other thing fishing early season, check the regs as you move around. Many different sections on that river with different rules. I almost got punched for telling a guy he was fishing a closed section last year (i then called rap). He also mentioned he was tipped off there was good fishing on this forum. Just saying, always double check for yourself.
Just show up, and enjoy the river. Its a beauty! Good luck.

Flyfisher87
02-24-2012, 06:09 PM
The only time I have ever fished here was in April last year. Upstream of the falls. Never saw a soul on the river, but I did see a guide with a couple clients in the parking lot who seemed quite offended I was fishing on his river. A very beautiful river that is highly regulated both with different regs for different stretches of river, and all the acreages that have popped up along the river and the "No Tresspassing" signs to go with them. It is an easy river however to fall in love with and I myself am looking forward to going back.

Bfishin
02-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the replies, the remarks about "good fishing" and "beauty of a river" is all thats needed to get us going in that direction. Appreciate the tips and will make sure i don't disrespect the river by mispelling its name again haha:sign0161:
Cheers..