PDA

View Full Version : pine coulle

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
02-24-2012, 07:28 PM
im going to pine coulle tomorrow! anytips on catching big pike and................
iv never been their befor, are their any perch,whitefish or burbot:scared: their?:confused:

:thinking-006:thanks for the info

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 08:04 PM
No big pike, no walleye, no burbot ;) I would not waste the gas driving to that waste of water :D Take out a rifle and go further west for a predator hunt. I would definatly not put any large smelts in the water and sitting there jigging a different rod 10' away with a white jig and chartruese tail. hope that helps :D

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
02-24-2012, 08:12 PM
white jig and no big smelts, what about small minows
i would predator hunt but have no room in frezer from the deer i shot this year
nice choice with the 7mm but i prefer the tika t3 7mm magnum with bures scope

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 08:25 PM
white jig and no big smelts, what about small minows
i would predator hunt but have no room in frezer from the deer i shot this year
nice choice with the 7mm but i prefer the tika t3 7mm magnum with bures scope

Hey I shoot a 7mmmag, only way to go :D haha kidding on the big smelts they will get you a big pike or a burb, small minnows are good for the walleyes, fire one of them on a jig head and jig for them while your waiting for a big boy to show up. Last pike I caught there was 33" and about 10lbs. and I filled my time catching walleyes. They are catch and release ONLY dont keep any or you will catch some major chit

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 08:28 PM
If you can figure out the depth fish in 15-25' deeper for burbs. Im no pro just giving tips that I wa given. We were catching walleyes in that water depth range but they were about 6' off the bottom, the more walleye you catch the better chances of a big pike being intereted in coming over to see whats going on

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Haha now that I think about it I shouldve PM'd you this info, im gonna get flamed for helping out a fisher with a new lake now thanks ;)

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
02-24-2012, 08:43 PM
thanks for tips:sHa_shakeshout:
let the fishies die to feed the men
and the deer die to feed the great

npauls
02-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Haha now that I think about it I shouldve PM'd you this info, im gonna get flamed for helping out a fisher with a new lake now thanks ;)

It's ok there is no secrets about PCR. During open water season a couple years ago I was catching walleyes and burbot on anything I put in the water. A red snelled bait hook with nothing else was even getting fish.

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 09:05 PM
thanks for tips:sHa_shakeshout:
let the fishies die to feed the men
and the deer die to feed the great

Glad to see your hooked on the deer, Iv been hunting with my 7mm since 14 and have shot over 55 deer with it (im only 24) good luck out at pcr, if you get a burb POST pics, Out of all the game fish species, thats one of the 3 I have yet to catch

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 09:07 PM
It's ok there is no secrets about PCR. During open water season a couple years ago I was catching walleyes and burbot on anything I put in the water. A red snelled bait hook with nothing else was even getting fish.

well still no pm of where you were catching them perch ;)

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
02-24-2012, 09:10 PM
thanks ive shot five deer one with my bow the rest with my tika and one of them was a doe at over 350 yardys away

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
thanks ive shot five deer one with my bow the rest with my tika and one of them was a doe at over 350 yardys away

well even though this is a fishing forum, my farthest shot to date is 657yrds,
But i prefer 30-250yrds. Love my deer meat and hoping I have to buy a bigger freezer for my elk and hopefully a bc hunterhost moose hunt :)

npauls
02-24-2012, 09:45 PM
well still no pm of where you were catching them perch ;)

Oh that message must not have gone through. :thinking-006:

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Oh that message must not have gone through. :thinking-006:

worst sarcasm so far this year ;)

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
02-24-2012, 09:49 PM

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey buckmaster, What part of the lake you headed to?? My fishing partner for clear lake cant go now due to heath problems so Im either headed to clear alone or pcr alone

npauls
02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey buckmaster, What part of the lake you headed to?? My fishing partner for clear lake cant go now due to heath problems so Im either headed to clear alone or pcr alone

You should do some research and head out after some big perch instead of heading to either of those 2 lakes. Go explore a bit a find a sweet honey hole.

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
02-24-2012, 09:59 PM
:sign0161:

BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.
02-24-2012, 10:03 PM
please pm me tips and responses
ill check in morning:)

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
You should do some research and head out after some big perch instead of heading to either of those 2 lakes. Go explore a bit a find a sweet honey hole.

I would love to but I have no ideas about the south lakes, and have NO ideas on the lakes that even hold perch, I hear park lake has them but they are small

npauls
02-24-2012, 11:01 PM
I would love to but I have no ideas about the south lakes, and have NO ideas on the lakes that even hold perch, I hear park lake has them but they are small

That is what I mean about doing research. Don't look for the places that are close to populated areas. Look in the regs for places that aren't mentioned very often and do a bit of digging on the net. You will turn up more information then you would think.

Check out the fishing forum about the names of places that get mentioned. I know that there is at least one thread that gives mention to probably the most popular perch lake in the south.

winger7mm
02-24-2012, 11:15 PM
That is what I mean about doing research. Don't look for the places that are close to populated areas. Look in the regs for places that aren't mentioned very often and do a bit of digging on the net. You will turn up more information then you would think.

Check out the fishing forum about the names of places that get mentioned. I know that there is at least one thread that gives mention to probably the most popular perch lake in the south.

well thanks for the indirect help there nate :)

npauls
02-24-2012, 11:38 PM
No problem.

I am thinking I may try and make a trip to my perch spot this coming week sometime. I am also thinking about going out and checking a few other spots I have been meaning to check out but haven't done so yet.

TROLLER
02-25-2012, 09:41 AM
I always catch the big pike in the deepest water, the big ones need more room to roam thus the deep water.

I also am always catching jumbo perch over there by the lake in the woods next to the prairie sign that was shot up by a 7mm