PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermist for Fish??

Doc Holiday
03-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Sis in law landed a gagger pike from Gull, lookin fer a taxi man around Reddeer area. Any help appreciated.
THX.

Gordoats26
03-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Antlerhill out of innisfaill did my Walleye for me from the summer they charge 20 bucks per inch my walleye is on a peice of drift wood it looks pretty good, the only complant i have with them is they didnt realy do it like i told them to i wanted the head facing me with the gills flared out but they kinda did it there own way but it still looks very good. id recomend them a pike is quite a bit easier for them to do then walleye apparantly so im sure they would do a superb job the only other place around that i found that do fish anywhere near reddeer and i called them all is a little shop out of Castor there a little bit cheaper ill post a pic of the walleye they did for me.

Gordoats26
03-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Antlerhill walleye

TundraBuck
03-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Gary Schaefer out of Alhambra/Condor (east of rocky) does amazing work, mounted a ton of trout and my bull elk. Very pleased.

Jamie
03-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Ok.. Listen up.

GET A REPLICA!!:wave:

By far and away the best choice. I did a bunch of reaserach on the whole Taxidermy thing. Replica's are your only responsible choice. If not that fish will look like crap over time. Your best investment is REPLICA"S.

If your interested in something like that, post up and I will find who did up Dad's 47 pound Salmon.

Jamie

Duk Dog
03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Along the theme of Jamie's post http://www.fishermanstale.com/index.htm

Gordoats26
03-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Gary Schaefer out of Alhambra/Condor (east of rocky) does amazing work, mounted a ton of trout and my bull elk. Very pleased.

Do you have a number or the business name for Gary? I wouldnt mind having somone else to check with next time I didnt see him in the phone book?

BUD
03-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Ok.. Listen up.

GET A REPLICA!!:wave:

By far and away the best choice. I did a bunch of reaserach on the whole Taxidermy thing. Replica's are your only responsible choice. If not that fish will look like crap over time. Your best investment is REPLICA"S.

If your interested in something like that, post up and I will find who did up Dad's 47 pound Salmon.

Jamie

Thats right , you dont even have to catch the fish , just go to the replica man and buy a 40 in plastic pike and pay the man 500 bucks for a piece a plastic , haaaaaaaa,

packhuntr
03-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Howdy Doc, just curious to see a pic of the fish and afew stats on it and the day, if you have any you want to show off, anyways take care!!

keep a strain on er.

Mike_W
03-03-2008, 07:52 AM
I was out fishing next to and with Doc's sister in law and I would guess his brother? day was not to bad but it was rather inpressive she caught this pike (16 LBS) on a 4 lb hand line while jigging a Wetaskiwin. one of the only pike all day and a beautiful specimen at that!!!!

Cheers

Jamie
03-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Bud is correct (somewhat) be careful who you get to do a replica. There is a company in BC who will show up at the airport with your ready made "trophy" once you are done your trip. Their response to me was.. "Whats the big deal all salmon are the same":sick:
I had Dad's sent out Frozen whole to a place near Toronto. They did a exact match of dads fish. They hand painted each individual scale and did a mold with his fish. They did not use a pre existing mold.
It came out fantastic. In this case you most definatly get what you pay for.

Here is the Web site
http://www.advancedtaxidermy.com/

Jamie

Doc Holiday
03-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Mike ... I'll tell her thx fer sure. If anyone deserves a day like that... she does. A true lover of our great outdoors. I know how much time she has put in on the hardwater, so its great to see it pay off.

Pack..., I'll ask her if I can post a pic.

TundraBuck
03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Do you have a number or the business name for Gary? I wouldnt mind having somone else to check with next time I didnt see him in the phone book?

Gordoats, here is his email adress: ggs0061 AT look.ca

Gordoats26
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Gordoats, here is his email adress: ggs0061 AT look.ca

Thanks alot i appreciate that.

Buckwheat
03-03-2008, 08:24 PM
All this talk of big pike got me digging through my picture archive for my Aunts Alberta Record Pike. Can't remember when she got it but it must've been back 20 years now and is no longer the record. It was right around the 37lb mark. She caught it on Zebco loaded with 10lb test. Took them a couple hours to land it.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w170/buckwheat1_photo/bettyspike.jpg