PDA

View Full Version : Considering draws yet?

Shaggy
03-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Might be a tad early, but who is getting their draws planned out?

I'm a go for Turkey. That's the only thing I have been building priority for.
I will start building for a cow elk too. Not sure where yet- hence the early researching.

I may start getting a sheep priority going to. By the time I get drawn, I might be able to afford it. Might be too old to do it by then too.

Pudelpointer
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Lol. You're a 'glass half-full' kind of person, aren't you?

I have 6-7 yrs on most species, except Turkey which I always missed the deadline for when it was in the spring.

Will be targeting bull moose this year I think, and possibly Muley buck.

pottymouth
03-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Other than the once in a lifetime draws, I can draw everything AB has to offer! Just gotta decide what I want this year, or what the wall is missing?

Might 999 everything again though, just so i can concentrate on my 2 favorite critters!

huntinstuff
03-02-2012, 03:11 PM
LeanMean has a list on the fridge

Apparently we are applying for everything

Id be happy with a moose

RayL42
03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I will be 999 every thing this year except Mule doe and buck. I don’t have enough holidays this season to commit enough time to go for anything that is two far from home.

Jamie Black R/T
03-02-2012, 03:46 PM
i usually start planning draws right after i see what was "not drawn" the previous year.

I have high priority for Trophy Antelope, Antlered Mule Deer and Cow Elk....probably take the cow draw for late season and 999 the pronghorn...mule deer is up in the air.

im a 5 for turkey coming up too.

Id trade my priority for a Zama Bison Tag.....well maybe not the pronghorn points...but the other 3 would be over 20 priority points LOL

jaylow?
03-02-2012, 03:51 PM
probably 999 all of it except for a mule buck or swamp donkey.

trapshooter
03-02-2012, 04:03 PM
LeanMean has a list on the fridge

Apparently we are applying for everything

Id be happy with a moose

Samething I do everyyear with my Dad! This year we should be targeting a muley buck for each of us and possibly a cow moose!

NBFK
03-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I am a priority 11 for archery antelope and a 9 for trophy. Ill probably just 999 those again lol. My biggest issue is to find the time for these tags so I can scout and know what I'm doing. I ve never been south of calgary and don't want to burn these prioritys with me being ill prepared.

My wife should pull a bull moose draw and late season cow elk.

I'm building priority on bull elk, bull moose, antlered mule,turkey,and camp wainwright.

I would be ok with the goat, 438 sheep or even bison again this year.

Like usual focusing with my bow for general season!

Piker
03-02-2012, 04:21 PM
On my bucket list is a buffalo draw. I am 71 yrs old now but Ikeep hoping. I have shot just about everytrhing that I can in Ab. and have a high prioity on cow elk and trophy mule deer. I will put in for buffalo but unsure about the others. iker

Flyfisher87
03-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I should get drawn for bull elk this year. Might 999 it as well as everything else as I have my holidays somewhat planned.

Roughneck71
03-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Should draw bull moose this year....really want to get my first moose!! prabably 999 mulie buck, not sure on the cow elk, depending on time...
Darrell

Flyfisher87
03-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Should draw bull moose this year....really want to get my first moose!! prabably 999 mulie buck, not sure on the cow elk, depending on time...
Darrell

If you are like me, once you get your first moose, you are hooked forever.

Cal
03-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I pretty much start thinking about my next draw about the time my last moose is in the freezer. I can draw bull moose in 507 and do a canoe hunt on the Athabasca with a bow. The plan was to do it with the long bow but I dont think I'll be quite ready though.

Rockymtnx
03-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Might be a tad early, but who is getting their draws planned out?
It's never too early Shaggy. I actually have my next 3 years of draws roughly planned out.
For the 2012/13 season I am looking at drawing the following tags:
Non-Trophy Sheep
212 Muzzle loader late season antlerless elk
I was going to use up my antlered moose priority, but think I will hold off one more year.

whitetail Junkie
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Saskatchewan Whitetail Draw...that is on my mind!

schian
03-02-2012, 10:58 PM
this is probably a stupid question according to most of you...
but is there a limited number of draws you can apply for every year??
also, do you have to apply for specific zones and seasons??
thanks a lot guys...sorry if these are dumb questions, i have been looking for them but have not been able to find definite answers
Schian

whitetail Junkie
03-02-2012, 11:05 PM

Yes! Send Elk11 A PM he will fill you in :)

schian
03-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Yes! Send Elk11 A PM he will fill you in :)

why elk11??

steve
03-03-2012, 12:10 AM
also, do you have to apply for specific zones and seasons??
thanks a lot guys...sorry if these are dumb questions, i have been looking for them but have not been able to find definite answers
Schian

Have to pick one moose and one elk though. Either antlered, antlerless (or calf moose). You can put in for 3 antelope, trophy, non trophy and archery. For mulies both antlered and antlerless.

999'ing is usually the way to go to start off. That means your building priority but not selecting a zone.

This gives you a good idea of how many years priority were needed to draw tags last year:

http://www.mywildalberta.com/hunting/HuntingDraws/HuntingDrawsReports/DrawsSummaryReport/Default.aspx

Last years draw booklet:

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/2011-Alberta-Hunting-Draws.pdf

duffy4
03-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I am in charge of all the family draw applications.

My daughter has a bunch of priority but may be moving east this summer??

My Son is finishing off his degree in engineering and does not know where he will be living and working at this time??? He has a bunch of priority.

So I reckon I will have to see at the last min. where they will be and what they would like to put in for.

I have some priority in a number of draws but have to decide if I want to go for it this year (like archery antelope or antlered moose) or 999 again and prepare for a better season.

I have a year on calf moose so I might have a go at a camp Wainwright tender moose hunt.

bowzonebucks
03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Priority 11 on antlered moose this year..debating what to do with that..hmm

bessiedog
03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
9 on trophy antelope... I'm gonna wait on that one

Hoping for trophy mulie cause my daughter should get drawn for doe in the same zone this year. That'd make a great hunt .

9 on moose.... Might do it.

9 on antler less sheep. Got a ways to go for 306.

Heading to BC again for turkies. :(