PDA

View Full Version : Sportsman show worth the drive??

GummyMonster
03-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Good day everyone.
Wondering what everyone thinks of the Edmonton Boat and Sportsman show.
Is it mostly boats or is there a big section for hunting and fishing.
It will be a six hour drive one way with the wife and five year old, so it has to be a good show to make it worthwhile.
I've read the info on the shows site, but peoples input would be more helpful.
Thanx in advance.
ken:evilgrin:

Mish
03-03-2008, 11:47 AM
I haven't been, but I've heard it's great. I'll most likely be making the drive up to Edmonton for it.

TundraBuck
03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Calgary's is the best, Edmonton's is the second best, and Red Deer's.... well, I wouldn't even call theirs a sportsmen show.

Brady
03-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey GummyMonster, the last couple years, there has been more hunting influenced stuff, and I think there is lots to do to keep yer little one entertained. There are plenty of boats and stuff, but also quite a bit of quads and sleds and other outdoorsy kind of stuff. Also walking through the outfitter booths can be fun as well, lots of pictures, and stories being told. It has been getting more busy the last few years, as well, so be prepared to be around quite a few people. Hope this helps....and maybe we'll see ya in there, if you go on Saturday!!

Walleyes
03-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Our family enjoys it every spring,, well the boys and I do the wife is getting a little tired of it.. I think this year we will drop her off at the mall and me and the boys are going for the day..

Lots of everything from fishing to hunting, ATV's, lots a boats, guns, rods, clothes.. If you have never been before I would definitely make the drive you will enjoy...

Mish
03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
If Calgary's is better I don't know if Edmonton is worth the drive, then. Wasn't all that impressed with the Calgary one.

bagwan
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Ask sheep, Mish. I think he said last year that Ed was better. They are probably very subjective as to which one is best, but they are very similar. You may not get much out of it if you went to Calgary's. Might meet some nicer people. JOKE JOKE.

sheephunter
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
They are different shows that's for sure. Edmonton is much larger and has a bit more variety but I like them both.

Mish
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I'll be up in Edmonton that weekend, anyway, will probably check it out.

GummyMonster
03-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks to everone for the info.
If I can swing it we'll be there, probly in the first two days.