PDA

View Full Version : Dont Forget To Vote!

Lethalconnection
03-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Just reminding those of you that are able to vote to go do so!! i guess i should get my butt goin:lol:

TheClash
03-03-2008, 04:09 PM
just got back!!

Suka
03-03-2008, 04:58 PM
X3 in our houshold, son just voted for the first time. One more right of passage, plus now he legitimately has complaining rights for the next 4 yrs.

mud slug
03-03-2008, 05:34 PM
just made my X

duffy4
03-03-2008, 05:38 PM
We vote at a rural voting station just 1/2 mile down the road. A skunk was "surprised" by our dog this morning and I guess my daughter and I both ended up stepping in some. When I walked up to the woman at the voting booth she said "oh did your dog get into trouble with a skunk too?" The other woman looked at my name and said "that was probably his daughter who was in here earlier". We all had a bit of a laugh.

Robin in Rocky

TundraBuck
03-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Jeeze duffy I thought i smelled skunk in there! Definitely voted conservatives.

CaberTosser
03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm hoping the "Scud Stud" Arthur Kent can unseat the Lie-beral incumbent in my riding. I did my part. Maybe the celebrity angle will help him out.

Jamie
03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Well it happened...
After 20 years of non stop voting.. I finally voted for a Liberal. It almost made me sick to my stomach. But I figured the only chance in my riding to upset a PC was with liberal. If I didn't vote lib, it would have been a waste.

Hopefully Alberta sends a message to "Honest" Ed and the PC party. I for one would love to see another leadership race. I am sick of the infighting between NORTH & SOUTH. Only a strong leader can contain the animosity that is naturally there.

VOTE ED OUT!!

Jamie

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Ed isn't the problem it is all the infighting within the party, as you mentioned its the north south thing. To be more accurate its the pro Dinning supporters that are mucking it up

CNP
03-03-2008, 08:00 PM
6 conservative votes contributed by my family lol. I brought my kids up right :D :D :D :D :D :D

WCTHEMI
03-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Voted in the advance poll on Friday.

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Huge PC majority, some close races still......our friend Pearl is in a fight

Jamie
03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
PCS have just been declared the winner...
I will wait to see if the votes were at all close and perhaps will send a message.
I am still sick that I voted LIBERAL.. YUCK

Jamie

Jamie
03-03-2008, 08:42 PM
DAMN Kanon beat me to it!!

LOL
Jamie

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I am a huge political junkie.....I love this stuff it's my drug of choice

Wow Taft is fighting for his political life.....

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Lol the Global news had the president of the Liberal party in Edm on he was sayn that he expects to form the government , the reporter was taken aback did a double take and said that we have already proclaimed a PC majority...he said that they would regret that decision

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Hinman too is in a fight with Broyce in Taber riding......uh oh for the alliance

sheephunter
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Conservative popularity up 11% provincewide over last election...I guess people weren't as disillusioned with the PCs as the media would have had us believe.

Grizzled
03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Kevin Taft : Throw in the towel and go away !
PS: I bought a new gun tonite to celebrate !

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey Jamie no north vs South this election......I guess a farmer can lead the province...

Hinman is now in the lead in Taber.....

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 09:44 PM
God the Liberal hq in Edmonton looks as empty as a Flames fans soul.....

sheephunter
03-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Morton elected with at least three times the number of votes as second place Liberal. Guess it will be interesting to see where Ed puts him in cabinet now.

Rackmastr
03-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Close one around home with Hinmann.....I voted for him but it sure is a close race for him to keep his seat!

Jamie
03-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I think the lack of Voter turn out is the most spectacular thing yet.
I HOPE that the PC's see that part of the equation.
It seems the biggest thing on Alberta voters minds was the fact that there was no alternative. So they just didn't vote.
I heard this was perhaps the lowest Voter turnout in Canadian History.. Did any else hear that?

Best idea I heard tonight.. Change the name of the Liberal party.
Honestly guys my gut actually got upset when I voted liberal.. I can imagine more than a few who felt the same way and decided to stay home.

God help us all if ED actually thinks this was a HUGE mandate to keep doing what he has been doing.

Jamie

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Hinman behind now by 22 votes only 1 poll left to count.....this is going to a second count

willy
03-03-2008, 10:19 PM
By the numbers it is a huge mandate. Was hopin the WAP woulda picked up a few seats but guess Alberta chuggin along why rock the boat.

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 10:22 PM
I think the lack of Voter turn out is the most spectacular thing yet.
I HOPE that the PC's see that part of the equation.
It seems the biggest thing on Alberta voters minds was the fact that there was no alternative. So they just didn't vote.
I heard this was perhaps the lowest Voter turnout in Canadian History.. Did any else hear that?

Best idea I heard tonight.. Change the name of the Liberal party.
Honestly guys my gut actually got upset when I voted liberal.. I can imagine more than a few who felt the same way and decided to stay home.

God help us all if ED actually thinks this was a HUGE mandate to keep doing what he has been doing.

Jamie

Uh I actually believe that this will be a bigger turnout than last election a low turnout usually helps the opposition parties, as for your shot at Ed newsflash the party HE LEADS is on pace to tie Ralphs biggest margin of victory. Why wouldn't you think this is a huge endorsement because it is. I am going to be interested to see the total voter turnout. The tory popular vote is actually up 8% from the last election

sheephunter
03-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Hinman defeated.

Rackmastr
03-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Well 60/60 polls for our riding down here and looks like Hinman barely lost....it was a close win last time for him, this time looks like he barely lost.....

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Only 40 votes or so wait until the recount

sheephunter
03-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Only 40 votes or so wait until the recount

There's no automatic recount in Alberta but you're likely right that there will be one.

Duk Dog
03-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Well I'm sitting in a hotel in Lethbridge for work and just catching up on the results. Managed to get my vote in before leaving Calgary earlier today. Gotta say I'm not surprised the PCs are in, but surprised they didn't falter more.

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 10:39 PM
There's no automatic recount in Alberta but you're likely right that there will be one.

We both know that Hinman will demand one.....:tongue2:

Jamie
03-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Uh I actually believe that this will be a bigger turnout than last election a low turnout usually helps the opposition parties, as for your shot at Ed newsflash the party HE LEADS is on pace to tie Ralphs biggest margin of victory. Why wouldn't you think this is a huge endorsement because it is. I am going to be interested to see the total voter turnout. The tory popular vote is actually up 8% from the last election

Here is a quote from CTV

"Stelmach's real battle was expected to be in dealing with Albertans' political apathy, and it appeared late Monday that 60 per cent of voters had chosen to stay home.

In Edmonton, volunteers from all four major political parties called supporters and even driving them to polling stations to maximize their votes.

During the 28-day campaign, TV ads from Elections Alberta ran trying to guilt Albertans into voting booths. The ads chided lazy voters with fake testimonials from those who decided not to vote because they were stuck in a staring contest or unable to escape a living-room recliner.

Turnout in Alberta provincial elections going back to 1989 has been in the 53 per cent range, but it dipped to 45 per cent in 2004.

REALLY LOW turnout. Like I said, perhaps the lowest in Canadian history.

Jamie

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
You lost me James where in that article does the voter turnout for 2008 on display they talk about 2004 being 45% but we shall see once the results are in...they say it appears that it was in the 40% again we shall see

SNIPER
03-03-2008, 10:47 PM
[%^&&^

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Kinda irrelevant here Sniper, you live here for 6 mos your as much an Albertan as the guy who lived here all their life. One vote is one vote

TreeGuy
03-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Personally, I'm flabbergasted at the results! Taft and the gang really seemed to have momentum. Alot of people I spoke with over the last couple of weeks were buying into the notion of change, and the amount of non-PC signs posted around here was pretty incredible. But a funny thing happend here tonight........

The most right-leaning party actually managed to split the vote on the LEFT! HUH??

The way I kind of read it is that a fairly large portion of the support the Libs and NDP traditional recieve is a vote of protest against the administration far more than it is ideologically based (can it the anti-Ralph factor).

So when the Libs ran a pretty solid campaign and it looked like they were going to be pretty successful, they scared away alot of their support. Thus you saw alot of these votes either going back to the PCs without Ralph, or getting parked with the WAPs. Talk about lose-lose for Taft.

Just my take.
Tree

Jamie
03-03-2008, 10:53 PM
You lost me James where in that article does the voter turnout for 2008 on display they talk about 2004 being 45% but we shall see once the results are in...they say it appears that it was in the 40% again we shall see

Here you go..
I know with you being a Oiler fan, you are probably a little slow.. :lol:

"Stelmach's real battle was expected to be in dealing with Albertans' political apathy, and it appeared late Monday that 60 per cent of voters had chosen to stay home.

Jamie

Kanonfodder
03-03-2008, 10:56 PM
appeared

Jamie
03-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Yes, the coming days will tell the story.

But still... YUCK
Why didn't people vote in this election? Ralph's low turn out was blamed on the fact everyone was extremely happy.. I don't see that as being a excuse this time around.
Like I said, I think its because people didn't think they had a choice.
People here vote for PC because there Daddy's did, and they in turn have always voted that way. Its tough to change allegiances, especially when Liberal in province equal voting for the Devil. People still remember the NEP around these parts, they still remember the Prime Minister giving all of Alberta the Finger. They really associate the Liberal Party of Alberta with the Liberal party of Canada.
Like I said.. TIME FOR A NAME CHANGE.. Well thats if you no longer want to be the official opposition.

Jamie

SNIPER
03-03-2008, 11:12 PM
irrelevent

geezer55
03-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Gotta say I'm not surprised the PCs are in, but surprised they didn't falter more.

Can't see how you say they faltered . . . second biggest majority in Alberta history and a gain in seats from the last sitting government.