PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Outdoorsmen - March/08 Issue?

Bull Shooter
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Has anyone received their copy of the March/08 Alberta Outdoorsmen magazine? I always purchase mine at a gun shop in Lethbridge and apparently they have not yet received this month’s issue. I’m very interested in Neil Waugh’s article. Any comments would be greatly appreciated and hopefully hold me over until the March edition arrives. Regards, Mike

SakoAlberta
03-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Nothing here yet!

Jamie
03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Just read it cover to cover.
I forgot that I now have a subscription and bought mine at CT today. DUHHH

Good article.
I will post more about it in a bit.

Jamie

sheephunter
03-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Jamie.....Does Bouhuntress look like she just conquered the world?

Haven't seen the magazine yet either.

getasheep
03-03-2008, 07:55 PM
You guys kill me. I don't get my copy out here in Ontario until a few days after you, by then you've all talked up the good parts!

I will say the magazine is a hit with some of the locals out here, oh and the odd transplant like me.

Jamie
03-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Forget the world...
She looks like she just conquered the frickin UNIVERSE!!
Great Pictures Sheep.
Just one question in the front page pick, what is front of her left foot?

Very impressive that she conquered those fears she had. I liked the perseverance.

Good work on both of you!

Jamie

sheephunter
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Just one question in the front page pick, what is front of her left foot?

I haven't seen it yet but if it's the picture I think it is, it's a survey marker.

Jamie
03-03-2008, 08:08 PM
A few thoughts on the O/S articles in A/O this month

Neil Waugh states
"While the landowner must allow Free access for public draw hunting (Clearly not for for waterfowl, upland or whitetails)

I never thought of it this way. Is this how you guys interpret what little we know?

Neil also stated (I think Mis stated)
Allowing public hunting in their property by receiving tag vouchers for up to 15% of the big game harvest available on the ranch"

I was under the impression that it was up to 25% of tags for that WMU (entire program).

Also I question I have, are these tags good WMU wide? if so, what it to prevent a marginal piece of property selling the tag only to have it closed on a NON hunting piece of land?

Still lots of questions to be answered. I hope that the present groups involved will stay at the table, rather than just throwing rocks from the outside.

Overall, all the articles in A?O portray this project in a negative light.
Good on Rob, Neil and Bob Scammell for getting the word out there.

Jamie Hunt

Jamie
03-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I haven't seen it yet but if it's the picture I think it is, it's a survey marker.

Ok, now I see what you are talking about, but what is the survey marker placed in? (I assume you are talking about the round black looking thing)

What I am talking about, looks like the stump of a tree.

Jamie

sheephunter
03-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Believe it or not...concrete.....guessing they got there by helicopter.....lol