PDA

View Full Version : FoxPro won't work

Rocky7
03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
I just got my new FoxPro Firestorm. Charged the batteries and it worked (awesome sounds). Then I decided to buy more sounds, downloaded same and installed as per directions. The new sounds show up in my remote control but now nothing will play.

I know a lot of guys here own one of these - does this sound familiar? Any ideas what is wrong? I was/am keen to get out as soon as I can find time and this is a disappointing turn of events.

thx.

Kevvk2
03-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Check your volume level. Mine auto resets to zero after being powered down.

Rocky7
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Thx. I think I did, but I'll go check it again.....

Edit: Nope, that wasn't it. Volume is up, both speakers turned on. The unit gets a signal because it shows me the number of the sound the remote is transmitting but it remains as silent as a monk during Lent.

Kevvk2
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
A good place to look for ideas would be predatormasters forum, There is a section on the fox pro & usually the Fox Pro customer support monitors it to help any one out.

Or call the support # in the manual. I have heard they have a very good customer support.

Rocky7
03-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I did check a Predator board and somebody mentioned the "Mute" button. I toggled that on and off a few times and it started working.

Sure hope it doesn't do this again....the sounds are awesome.

thx for the help. If I ever find out what went on, or get some tech feedback, I'll post it...

Kevvk2
03-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Enjoy the FP. I have the Wildfire & it's a blast.

Rocky7
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
So, here's something you don't see in the manual...

When you upload sounds and arrange them before loading them onto the FoxPro unit from your computer, do not insert spaces. I did because I thought that was a handy way to organize different types of sounds. Apparently, it give the remote fits to have spaces.

Instead, the tech recommended using a "dummy" file by taking an mp3 file and renaming it "---.mp3", which will put the dashed line where the name of the sound would be, therefore giving you a spacer of sorts.