PDA

View Full Version : Where in Calgary??

Glockster
03-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Going to try bow hunting this year. I've visited WSS, good service, VERY limited selection, and Russells really didi'nt seem to care if they sold a bow or not. So is there any favorite bow shops around?

wookie
03-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Calgary Archery Centre

http://www.calgaryarcherycentre.com

Lethalconnection
03-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Mine is the Calgary Archery Center. All their staff is very knowledgeable, love to help you out, got an indoor range, great products, they can help you out with any problem you have with a bow or question you have about bows. So pretty much anything you need for bow hunting be it the bow and accessory's, books on bow hunting, 40yd range, tree stands, decoys, you name it they have it.

MathewsArcher
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Calgary Archery Centre - North Americas Largest Arcerhy Range and Pro-shop, you won't find a better selection anywhere in North America........

Scott N
03-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I can't comment personally, but I've seen a lot of guys say good things about Jim-Bows @ 403 250-7713

Glockster
03-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey thanks guys, I'll give Calgary Archery a go on the weekend.:wave:

elnino54
03-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Jim Bows is good.........he'll set you up right and even let you shoot diff bows until you find the one you want.

Duk Dog
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Another vote for the Calgary Archery Center

briverb
03-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I just started bow hunting last season and got my set up at Jim Bows. Found him very helpful even after I riddled him with a thousand questions and tried numerous bows before coming to a final decision.

Cowtown guy
03-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I have been to Jim Bows and the Archery Center and I tend to favor the Archery Center. I have had decent service from Jim if he didn't have a buddy there to BS with him. If he does though you can't get any info. I don't mean that he was busy. This was just a buddy that didn't even come to shoot. It cost him my last purchase.:mad2:
I went from his shop to the Archery Center and within 15 minutes They had me measured and had 3 bows in the back that were being adjusted for my draw length for me to shoot. I shot each bow a bunch of times and they set up my accessories that night. I went home about a grand down for the process but I am very happy.:huh: The staff know what they are talking about.
Be aware that the weekends for them are usually very busy. I find it best to go right after work if I want to ask a lot of questions. If you do go on the weekend, be there when they open.
Good luck!