PDA

View Full Version : folks up by stettler

TheClash
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
hey guys...my family is having a reunion in august up ay buffalo lake (i think that is what it is called) and i have a few questions for those "in the know" number one: any recommendations on a decent mid range priced golf course? doesn't have to be anything fancy...but we don't want to spend a fortune in green fees as well.

number B. shooting ranges....i believe there are a couple in the area. we have a rather large family (7 kids..all married..all with grandkids...except me...and some of the grandkids are now married as well yadd yadda yadda) so any suggestions on which range would be better for a larger number of people interested inshooting anything from .22's to clays to handguns and ar-15's? (and no our last name isn't clampet!!)

and letter 3. speaking of shooting......and land owners near there that would love to have a few guys and their sons come and take care of some gophers? if so please let us know. we will be up there from july 24th to august 2nd.

thanks everyone

bagwan
03-04-2008, 02:59 PM
We have a nine hole golf course in Big Valley. Has sand greens and is very challenging. Hills and trees. Great for youngsters. Price is great and an honour box is at first tee. Price isn't set yet for 08 but it'll be about 5 bucks a head. One fellow from Calgary brought his kids every year and golfed all week end for the same as one round in Calgary. Stettler has a course right in town and Pheasantback is close to the Lake but not cheap. Can't help you on ranges or gophers. Oh yes, If I'm home I have a golf cart you can use to carry bags and bubbly if you need it. Less than an hour from Buffalo Lake. Tues night mens Wed Ladies. Other than a tournament there would be no other impediment. I'll advise on that once our schedule is set.

Donny Bear
03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Phesantback is nice and Alix the haunted lakes course and campground both very cost effective but haunted lakes is the lesser.

Gophers should be easy and as for a range and skeet area maybe Bashaw sports could offer some assistance just a thought.

Giles
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
There is a golf course right in town (stettler) that is cheap ,not to hard. Alix is good to .What side of the lake you going to .North ,South ,East ,West?Cause there is many golf courses around the lake and as far as shooting ranges try bashaw sports or battle river sports in stettler. And they will tell you about any farmer that would like a few gophers shot!Lots to do around here!

Vindalbakken
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
The Castor Trap Club shoots regularly all spring, summer and fall. Send me a PM and I can give you a contact from the club to find out when they shoot.

CaberTosser
03-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Sounds an awful lot like a question posed by a guy named "CanadianDad" over on CGN:).

As noted by Giles, there is also a great little gun shop in Bashaw that you should not miss while you're in the area. Its on the main street in Bashaw, and they have excellent service and an inventory that would surprise you considering the size of the town. Battle River sports in Stettler just put up their new building this year, and have a good selection as well, just a little less "quaint factor".

I've not been there to confirm, but from what I hear, Stettlers local indoor firing range is in the basement of the Post Office. Brings a bit of irony to the phrase "going postal", don't ya think?

TheClash
03-05-2008, 11:25 AM
haha caber..that is my brother...that is funny....we split the difference and tried to cover as much ground as we could...and once again i must say everyone on here has been great. thanks to those with the information and the offers. and i will get a hold of you when the time is closer.

gopherslayer
03-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Sounds an awful lot like a question posed by a guy named "CanadianDad" over on CGN:).

As noted by Giles, there is also a great little gun shop in Bashaw that you should not miss while you're in the area. Its on the main street in Bashaw, and they have excellent service and an inventory that would surprise you considering the size of the town. Battle River sports in Stettler just put up their new building this year, and have a good selection as well, just a little less "quaint factor".

I've not been there to confirm, but from what I hear, Stettlers local indoor firing range is in the basement of the Post Office. Brings a bit of irony to the phrase "going postal", don't ya think?

It is..although in the summer it is not used very much. The outdoor range is closer to Content bridge. It is also limited to (indoor range) .22 rounds or a very low f/s..pretty much limited too the .22s

sullijr
03-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Bashaw has two 9 holers 1 south of town and 1 north.