PDA

View Full Version : bought older boat no bill of sale

topgun2269
03-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Please help... I purchased a boat older 17ft open bow with a 80 merc on the back . great boat. here is my question.. I have the tailor and plate but dont have a bill of sale. What does fish and game ask for when you are on the water? registration etc? What can I do to make sure this is done the right way.

NoKlu
03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Go back and get a bill of sale. You need it to register.

Rock Doctor
03-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Call it a "Home Built", fill out the paperwork, when they send you a REG #, go buy some of those "sticky" letters/numbers, apply apropriate stickers to boat hull. Keep paperwork with you, or in the boat (I keep mine in the "glove box"

I've done it a couple times with no issues for both boats and trailers

RD

Bigdad013
03-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Please help... I purchased a boat older 17ft open bow with a 80 merc on the back . great boat. here is my question.. I have the tailor and plate but dont have a bill of sale. What does fish and game ask for when you are on the water? registration etc? What can I do to make sure this is done the right way.

If you have the previous owners plates, go through some photo radar traps and let him get a surprise in the mail......

CamoDerrick
03-07-2012, 12:18 PM
If you have the previous owners plates, go through some photo radar traps and let him get a surprise in the mail......

Always fun to drive through red lights with cameras at 2 am hey? :sHa_shakeshout:

moosemad
03-08-2012, 12:02 AM
When I had to register my boat I had no bill of sale because I had the boat for years, contact your registry office, they will give you a form you must fill out then go to a Notary Public to swear it is your boat. Pain in the butt but once it is done you are legally registered. Good luck.

jungleboy
03-08-2012, 07:56 AM
do title search on the serial numbers ,if they come back clean then write your own bill of sale (get a friend or relative to sign as the seller) easy peasy.