PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on here drive a Kia Forte Koup?

westwardflyfisher33
03-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I drive a 2010 Kia Forte Koup EX and I have one mind boggling question that even the dealership cannot seem to answer for me. Any other vehicle I have driven prior to this one had oil pressure gauges as well as temperature gauges on the instrument cluster. I find it weird that there is no such gauge in my Forte Koup. Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there something I am missing or perhaps a light that comes on when you least expect it to while out in the middle of nowhere?

Would be good to be able to see what oil pressure and coolant temperature are doing at all times one would think.

Might look into getting some custom gauges installed I'm thinking...

Westwardflyfisher33

rwm1273
03-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Many vehicles do not come with any oil or temperature gauges. That is what the idiot lights are for.

You don't need to know what your oil pressure is, because if there is a problem you will get a red light come on in the dash.

westwardflyfisher33
03-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Well glad to know mine isn't the only vehicle that doesn't have these gauges. Still though I think I may get them installed at some point just for some peace of mind. You'd think they would be mandatory for all vehicles.

rwm1273
03-07-2012, 02:38 PM
They are not needed. The engine has pressure switches for a reason. You really would not know what the oil pressure means in your vehicle better than a red light that would come on in case there was a problem.

Perhaps if you were pulling a load, or it was a 4x4 or you were racing it, then maybe it would be worth while. Maybe.

But you have a cheap car. Yes it looks nice and sporty, but bottom line is it is not a BMW M3, and never will be. An after market oil gauge is a waste of time to instal, and a waste of money for your vehicle, and will probably lower the value of your car.

trevoroni
03-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Most drivers on the road don't even know what kind of oil their car takes let alone if there is any in their car. Most probably wouldn't know what to do if they got into a car with 3 pedals on the floor.

It's sad that most people out there care more about how easily they can connect there i-sheep into there infotainment center then what kind of suspension setup there vehicle has.

I don't remember the last car advertisement that has said anything remotely useful about the mechanics of a car other then marketing hype slogans.

Not to mention the all the 'safety' features that let people pay even less attention to driving.

Here's a good article that came out around all the Toyota un-intended acceleration hoopla.

Beige Bites Back (http://jalopnik.com/5464315/beige-bites-back-is-toyota-paying-the-price-for-building-dull-cars?tag=beigebitesback)

rugatika
03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Even a lot of vehicles that have actual "guages" are actually little more than idiot lights. Showing average acceptable temps throughout an actual range of temps. My F350 temp "guage" sits in the middle and doesn't move over a broad range of temps that I watch on my computer that shows the actual temps.

westwardflyfisher33
03-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Alright, thanks everyone for the input.