PDA

View Full Version : Dozens charged in alleged fish trafficking ring

BGSH
03-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Fish and Wildlife Enforcement officers have laid dozens of charges against 27 people from Edmonton, Pigeon Lake, Wetaskiwin, Camrose, and Rimbey in connection to an alleged fish trafficking ring.

The charges include the unlawful sale and purchase of walleye and whitefish.

The maximum penalty for illegally killing, buying or selling fish under the Alberta Fisheries Act is a $100,000 fine and one year in jail.
http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120307/edm_wildlife_120307/20120307/?hub=EdmontonHome

Paul C
03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
There is a thread in fishing already running for a couple of hours on this topic Shawn.

BGSH
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
There is thread in fishing already running for a couple of hours Shawn.

ugh, sorry i didnt see it.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Fish and Wildlife Enforcement officers have laid dozens of charges against 27 people from Edmonton, Pigeon Lake, Wetaskiwin, Camrose, and Rimbey in connection to an alleged fish trafficking ring.

The charges include the unlawful sale and purchase of walleye and whitefish.

The maximum penalty for illegally killing, buying or selling fish under the Alberta Fisheries Act is a $100,000 fine and one year in jail.http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120307/edm_wildlife_120307/20120307/?hub=EdmontonHome

Now wouldn't it be sweet to actually see the court charge them . I wonder where they are in Court if its Edmonton or Wetaskiwin . I know in either Spruce Grove or Stony Plain that there's a judge who likes to give hefty fines . Wish that would happen everywhere rather then a slap on the Schmeckle .

I know there's 100's of people who keep one or 2 walleye a year without tags. Id say Cottage owners probably being the worst . But maybe that's just my opinion . But spending 100's a hours on that lake each year you tend to hear and see stuff and the amount of people who self admit stuff is great .

Probably why Fish and Wildlife officer love these forums and facebook .