PDA

View Full Version : Gopher Shooting on the weekend

Git r Done
03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Heres hoping gophers are out on the weekend with the warm weather. Im west of Stony Plain who figures theyll be out?

Thinlizzy
03-08-2012, 04:04 PM
They might be if the weather is nice enough!:thinking-006:
I have shot a few running across the snow. So easy to pick out!
Gopher hunting never gets old!
I used to enjoy shooting them with my bow but hated having to pull them off after you arrowed them. Went back to the .17!
Father in law used to have them over running his the quarter behind the house. Used to shoot for hours then I got my brother in laws and nephews involved. Only time I regretted getting people outdoors!:)
Now I'm lucky if I get 8 in an hour. Positive side to that is I end up shooting a lot of the little buggers 50 to 100 yards away which is more of a challenge!
Good luck!

NoKlu
03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Start driving around to other farms in the area. I can't remember ever having a farmer telling me I couldn't help them with a gopher problem. I've been in fields that had so many you couldn't load your mags fast enough. I never get sick of beheading those little buggers.

762Russian
03-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I can say confidently that they are up in Medicine Hat. Saw three of the little bugger taunting me from the side of the highway on my way home from the college.

Working this weekend, but next weekend the Marlins are gonna get a workout. :fighting0030:

hardride
03-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Saw about 20 today at the ranch,didn`t know wether to shoot them or the coyotes,but thats around the Hat also

Twisted Canuck
03-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I never, ever, ever see the little sod rats up here in Grande Prairie.....dammit! A group of us has an annual May long weekend shoot going in the Holden area, this will be our third year running, all packing .17 HMR since they tried mine.:) Yesterday, was out looking for coyote with the .22-250 but nothing came, so I checked my zero on a squirrel. :thinking-006: I think I'm going to be bringing that along for gophers this year as well for the occasional long shot! Very impressed (never bothered to use centerfires on gophers, grew up Cardston area blasing away with the .22 all summer). You guys are lucky to have a go at them this early, I'm jealous!:mad0030:

4thredneck
03-08-2012, 05:50 PM
They won't be out until the end of march or first part of april.

marlin1
03-08-2012, 06:02 PM
we've seen a few east of town , taken 3

insurgus
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
mmmmm excellent. Loaded a whack of ammo tonight :)