PDA

View Full Version : Corb Lund!!! Who loves his music?

Thinlizzy
03-08-2012, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN9BCHi-lks

:)

jaylow?
03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
me and most of the boys in our shop.

rwm1273
03-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I listened to him when he was in the Smalls. Have not had much exposure to his other work since then.

jaylow?
03-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I listened to him when he was in the Smalls. Have not had much exposure to his other work since then.

love the smalls. pretty sure i have everything they've put out on the ipod. theres a few smalls songs that have worked their way into corbs country.

Lady Bowhunter
03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Always played on my road trips!

rwm1273
03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I had an apprentice who had never heard of the Smalls, but was a big fan of Corb Lund. He did play a few songs, but the rest of the guys music sucked. Too much of the wrong kind of country for my liking.

Any good sites to download his music? The one site I used to use has since stopped letting anybody other than European credit card holders purchase the music. It was a great sight with a large selection of music, and most songs were only 2-10 cents, and a whole album less than a dollar on average.

1899b
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
He is an awesome guy. Loves his lever actions!!! :sHa_shakeshout: He ordered sled parts off me when i was working at a local dealership a few years ago and we got onto the subject of firearms.

Thinlizzy
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
I had an apprentice who had never heard of the Smalls, but was a big fan of Corb Lund. He did play a few songs, but the rest of the guys music sucked. Too much of the wrong kind of country for my liking.

Any good sites to download his music? The one site I used to use has since stopped letting anybody other than European credit card holders purchase the music. It was a great sight with a large selection of music, and most songs were only 2-10 cents, and a whole album less than a dollar on average.

I just listen to him when I am doing paperwork at the office. On you tube there are some playlists. I also use my phone and listen to youtube when I am working out. Start off with Corb Lund for 10 Minutes then listen to AC DC the rest of the work out.

greylynx
03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Corb's horse song reflects the cultural mosiac that built Alberta.

He is an excellent singer, but is also one smart fella.

Bluegrass
03-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Yee haw! Gotta love that country music while driving down the ole country road with a pinch of cope!

Neil Waugh
03-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Here's a Corb self-interview or blog or whatever they're called that you Corb guys might enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAzpXAPSI5E

Gotta love the Shiner trophy.

smith88
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM

WTF is the wrong kind of country?? The s**t that they play all the time on CISN that they rap in? Maybe you need to listen to Alan Jackson and George Strait's "Murder on Music Row"

Cal
03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
At one point country was an exciting, creative (at least lyricly more or less), distinctive, and often rebelous music. Somehow this all got lost and now its mostly an especily bland version of top 40 sung by artists performing songs that other people wrote about famly values and being a good american. IMO Corb's music is about the best example of a minority of country artists that have made a go of actualy making country music in recent years.

Sort of off topic but did anyone go see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band last year when they toured alberta? Now that was a friggin country show! I've been dragged to quite a few by the wife, its always some flavor of the week poster boy backed up by the same hired musicians that played with the last guy I was forced to go see. Watching those geezers tear it up reminded me of the days before country music became a cheap parody of itself.

catnthehat
03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I love Corb's music!
Cat

Thinlizzy
03-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Yee haw! Gotta love that country music while driving down the ole country road with a pinch of cope!

Good copenhagen is better then bad cocaine!:sHa_shakeshout:

cochranenite
03-08-2012, 07:24 PM
love his music, just good old driving the back roads kinda music

cn

huntinstuff
03-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I really like Corb's music

1899b
03-08-2012, 07:43 PM
"The Truth Comes Out" is probably one of the best country songs to ever come out of Canada. Do yourselves a favour and listen to Corb's song. We are so lucky to be able to call him our own.

dantonsen
03-08-2012, 08:00 PM
he's a country boy allright... I always like that chev got stuck, ford got stuck song, every time I hear it it reminds me of weekends bogging with friends. It never fails when enough of us get stuck we call up a friend and ask if he's coming over for a beer.

rwm1273
03-08-2012, 08:01 PM
WTF is the wrong kind of country?? The s**t that they play all the time on CISN that they rap in? Maybe you need to listen to Alan Jackson and George Strait's "Murder on Music Row"

You are accusing me of the wrong kind of music, yet you don't know me or my taste in music. I never said I didn't like country, just the kind this kid was playing. Don't ask me what it was, I tuned it out because it was crap.

I do not listen to any country Chanel, largely because I don't like the commercial crap that is played, and I don't relate to many of the DJ's and when I used to work night shift, I hated the call in shows. The people who often called in had lower iq than my show size. And you can only listen to the same crappy song so often in one hour. But I also don't listen to too many radio stations because of the commercialization of it. Every station seems to play the same 10 songs in their genre over and over. The university station play better music, but often the dj's are crap and don't have a sense of how to put on a good show. I used to listen to CJ years ago, but don't listen to them as they have become too rude, and since I moved back to Edmonton, the same goes for the Bear.

Thank god for my ipod.

smith88
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
You are accusing me of the wrong kind of music, yet you don't know me or my taste in music. I never said I didn't like country, just the kind this kid was playing. Don't ask me what it was, I tuned it out because it was crap.

I do not listen to any country Chanel, largely because I don't like the commercial crap that is played, and I don't relate to many of the DJ's and when I used to work night shift, I hated the call in shows. The people who often called in had lower iq than my show size. And you can only listen to the same crappy song so often in one hour. But I also don't listen to too many radio stations because of the commercialization of it. Every station seems to play the same 10 songs in their genre over and over. The university station play better music, but often the dj's are crap and don't have a sense of how to put on a good show. I used to listen to CJ years ago, but don't listen to them as they have become too rude, and since I moved back to Edmonton, the same goes for the Bear.

Thank god for my ipod.

Fill me in on what accusing you of the wrong kind of music is? So what is your kind of country music? As in my previous post, I asked what kind of country music you liked? If you don't like commercialization, then I think you would like Corb, if you knew anything about him....

Oh and I doubt your IQ is bigger than anyones shoe size and Chanel is a type of French beauty product.

bushnell
03-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Listen to his tunes whenever on a road trip. Just enough his style of music.

rwm1273
03-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Fill me in on what accusing you of the wrong kind of music is? So what is your kind of country music? As in my previous post, I asked what kind of country music you liked? If you don't like commercialization, then I think you would like Corb, if you knew anything about him....

Oh and I doubt your IQ is bigger than anyones shoe size and Chanel is a type of French beauty product.

Are you trying to pick an internet fight? All I said was I have not had much exposure to Corb Lund's music, other than when he played with the Smalls.

I think you are nothing more than a troll.

JimPS
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I love Corb's music!
Cat

I'm beginning to appreciate your taste in good music and good radio.
Rock on brother.

Jim

rwm1273
03-08-2012, 08:33 PM

Hey smitty stop PMing me. You troll. I don't need your insults. If you want to post crap, post it for all to see what you are.

smith88
03-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Are you trying to pick an internet fight? All I said was I have not had much exposure to Corb Lund's music, other than when he played with the Smalls.

I think you are nothing more than a troll.

Trollers just FISH for results. I stated my opinions and have yet to hear any retort from you....

I am not trolling, I have seen Corb four times, and have bought all of his CD's with the Hurtin' Albertans the day they came out.

:snapoutofit:

bb356
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6KFpefXj00

rwm1273
03-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Trollers just FISH for results. I stated my opinions and have yet to hear any retort from you....

I am not trolling, I have seen Corb four times, and have bought all of his CD's with the Hurtin' Albertans the day they came out.

:snapoutofit:

Good for you. So how have I caused your tirade? I don't think the thread was specific to his country side of music, nor have I posted anything bad about him or his music. In fact I drank beer with him many years ago at a party. His drummer used to be a regular at my buddy's place. So I think I trump you.

Yes you are a troll. You keep pm'ing me with crap about my iq, and here you have done the same. Go pound sand. Next time i'm back from Afghanistan I'll bring you some if you don't have any.

catnthehat
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
This is one of the funniest songs that Corb ever wrote IMO - I know some guys like this !:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

smith88
03-08-2012, 09:05 PM
He did play a few songs, but the rest of the guys music sucked. Too much of the wrong kind of country for my liking.

nor have I posted anything bad about him or his music.???

Did I say anything about you going to Afganistan? No, I appreicate the ****** out of any of our country's military personnel going to serve our country.

But yes, you did some that his music sucked....

bb356
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
This is one of the funniest songs that Corb ever wrote IMO - I know some guys like this !:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

Good one CAT ............. remind's me of my uncle !!! :)

waylow
03-08-2012, 09:22 PM
He's got some gooders that's for sure. They sure help pass the time when out riding the pasture, although my singing sucks, my horse thinks so too.

AxeMan
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
My favorite Corb song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErXSxHOsanA&feature=related

You don't hear it played much. Awesome lyrics.

rwm1273
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Did I say anything about you going to Afganistan? No, I appreicate the ****** out of any of our country's military personnel going to serve our country.

But yes, you did some that his music sucked....

Read the post again. I did not say anything about Corb Lunds music sucking, but the other country crap the kid was playing. You pm'd me about doing research, yet here you didn't and jump all over me. Either you are too stupid to properly read what is posted, you are a troll, or you are just a crap head. I lean more towards the last after your pm's to me. I will bring back some sand for you, and you can do what you want with it. My suggestion still stands as a very good way to spend your time when you aren't trolling for a fight.

I don't work for the military anymore, and haven't in many years. I make far more money than they do, and I don't go for as long. But I do get to see many of the same crappy places they do, and some that are worse, and unfortunately I now have to rely upon the local military for my safety and security.

Just for posterity, here is what I posted:

If you consider this an insult to Lund and his music, then you can't read, or just like to interpret things how you want.

mudbug
03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
His music is amoung one of my favorites to listen too. I've seen him in concert a few times and it's definately worth seeing them live :sHa_shakeshout:

Alberta Bigbore
03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Preferred his music when the Smalls were around. Brings back so many memories!

rwm1273
03-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Preferred his music when the Smalls were around. Brings back so many memories!

I still listen to them all the time. It is good mood music for me, and makes me feel 20yrs younger.

Alberta Bigbore
03-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I still listen to them all the time. It is good mood music for me, and makes me feel 20yrs younger.

I hear ya! Im 34 and Ill sit and watch MuchMusicRetro some nights, and see old tunes pop up, with the year released. It makes me remember days from elementary school, all the way through highschool.

So old.. the years are flying by...death is creeping up on me soon...ack...GASP !

chain2
03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
"The Truth Comes Out" is probably one of the best country songs to ever come out of Canada. Do yourselves a favour and listen to Corb's song. We are so lucky to be able to call him our own.

I feel the same way,,,hes the real deal chain

Thinlizzy
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM
X 3! He is the real deal. He deserves more recognition in the US. Have never seen him live but next time he's 4 hours or less from Edmonton I'm going! Was never too partial to country but love Corbs music.

smith88
03-09-2012, 12:05 AM

Go back to english class dude. When you start describing something, without clarifing what you are actually talking about, people think and rightly so, that it was the last thing you talked about in the paragraph or the entire thread and then in the next post do nothing to clarify . Why do I care what your apprentice liked for music? And if you didn't like it, tell him to turn it the ***k off?

smith88
03-09-2012, 12:13 AM
I don't work for the military anymore, and haven't in many years. I make far more money than they do, and I don't go for as long. But I do get to see many of the same crappy places they do, and some that are worse, and unfortunately I now have to rely upon the local military for my safety and security.

What is this local military you speak of?

tommyguitar
03-09-2012, 02:03 AM
He's a damn good musician. I hope I get the opportunity to pick with him someday. I'm a huge fan, can sing a lot of his stuff. I can't wait for the new record.

catnthehat
03-09-2012, 05:37 AM
My favorite Corb song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErXSxHOsanA&feature=related

You don't hear it played much. Awesome lyrics.
Corby is afterall, a bit of a pistolero!
I see in his blog that he won a wheel gun in a CAS match last time he was down south, in fact
He goes by Curvy on CGN, dunno if he lurks here or not however.
Cat

deerhunter
03-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Good down to earth lyrics. Love his music!:sHa_shakeshout:

winged1
03-09-2012, 05:50 AM
as CKUA is still one of my favs, I hear him occassionally. Was pretty impressed with 'I love horses' on the way home yesterday.

rwm1273
03-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Go back to english class dude. When you start describing something, without clarifing what you are actually talking about, people think and rightly so, that it was the last thing you talked about in the paragraph or the entire thread and then in the next post do nothing to clarify . Why do I care what your apprentice liked for music? And if you didn't like it, tell him to turn it the ***k off?

What is your problem? I take it you hide behind your computer a lot. I can't imagine you being this much of a donkey in everyday life. Someone will sort you out with an attitude like you have.

And just because I didn't like what the apprentice was listening too, does not give me the right to order him to shut it off. We all got a chance to play music, and that was his day.

rwm1273
03-09-2012, 07:34 AM
What is this local military you speak of?

You can't be that stupid can you? Perhaps you should do some research about the country before you spout off.

Razor 49
03-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I feel the same way,,,hes the real deal chain

X3. Corb and the boys are great. Another favourite of mine is his version of "MC Horses" on the Ian Tyson tribute album "The Gift".

TheKi
03-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Hurting Albertina with nothing more to loose to much oil money never enough booze:sHa_shakeshout:
theirs a whole lot of cousins that i aint met yet so you can imagine the shock i get because one of them i think i might of dated back in school but that's alright in Alberta that's cool

Duk Dog
03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
For all you Corb Lund and Ian Tyson fans.....

http://www.epcorcentre.org/WhatsOn/ShowDetails.aspx?show_id=5252D7E3-9FE0-446F-B577-6D4A4E5BC272

brownbomber
03-17-2012, 01:37 PM
best line ever 'that's just grape juice and cheap vodka man it isn't even wine'

Neil Waugh
03-17-2012, 03:11 PM
For all you Corb Lund and Ian Tyson fans.....

http://www.epcorcentre.org/WhatsOn/ShowDetails.aspx?show_id=5252D7E3-9FE0-446F-B577-6D4A4E5BC272

Already packing a pair Duk but thanx for the heads up. Caught Tyson at the Grove in January too. Should be a gooder.
Then hit the Bow.