PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Saskatchewanderer, The Best Summer Job Ever: Please Vote For My Daughter

BeerSlayer1
03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Ya, I know this is Alberta Outdoors, but I'll still ask a favour of all my western neighbours.

My daughter made it to the short list of 8 in the competition to be this year's Saskatchewanderer.

If you haven't heard about it, here's the job description. Sounds pretty cool.

The best summer job ever.

The Ministry of Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport has an exciting opportunity for a creative, energetic and motivated summer student who is looking to discover everything that makes Saskatchewan great. From special events, to little known gems, to remote locations we want you to see it, experience it and then share it. This is a summer student video and written blogging position. You will be the Saskatchewanderer.

Responsibilities will include developing a calendar of events and proposed travel and then hitting the road to collect video, take pictures, and write stories about the experience.

The idea is to promote Saskatchewan, specifically the four areas that fall within the Government of Saskatchewan’s Ministry of Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport. The role of the blogger includes, but is not limited to: choosing locations and events to explore, shooting video, taking pictures, interviewing people, writing stories, encouraging audience participation, populating a blog, Facebook and Twitter pages with content, focusing that content on the four areas of the ministry (Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport), and showcasing Saskatchewan in a positive light.

She was selected to the top 8 and the field will be narrowed to 5 through voting on Facebook, then the 5 have a final interview. I would ask if everyone could take two minutes and watch her video (starts slow but finishes strong) and then VOTE FOR ANNA-LILJA DAWSON. by clicking the green tab at the top right of the screen. You need a Facebook account to vote.

http://saskatchewanderer.ca/app/vote/for/Anna-Lilja/

....and if you really want to help, click on the tab to share Anna-Lilja's page with your friends on Facebook.

Thanks.

fordtruckin
03-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Sounds pretty cool. Wish they had that when I was living there...

FishingMOM
03-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Vote cast for Anna-Lilja

NoKlu
03-09-2012, 05:25 AM
I hate facebook but she got my vote. Sounds like a great adventure,hope she gets it.

deerhunter
03-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Voted

BeerSlayer1
03-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks guys, she's a great kid .......... I mean young lady.

Voting closes March 12th.

arkas
03-09-2012, 06:09 AM
VOTED...Good luck!

Saskbearcat
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Done, enjoyed the job the fellow did last year looking forward to next summer good luck

BeerSlayer1
03-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Voting closes at noon March 12th.