PDA

View Full Version : Windy Day in the Pass

lannie
03-09-2012, 05:11 PM
On the east side of FasGas at the rest stop there is a semi on its side. Looks like he was pulled over and the wind tipped him. Word is there is 5 semis blown over in the ditch between the Oldman River and hwy 3. There is also a motorhome that was blown over there that made it into the field. The winds were forecast to hit 110 today and that is not out of the normal range this winter but i believe they were gusting well over that. This winter has been brutal for wind and we are to the point where anything under 80 seems like a slight breeze. Today gravel is actually flying. No litter in the ditches here....its all lands in Regina.

bessiedog
03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I'll email it to someone if they help post it.

Worst blow I've seen in over 10 years.
Looks like they might of closed 22.

Got about a dozen shingles ripped off. I phoned insurance and left a MSG.
Never ever made a claim. Anyone done this? Should be straight forward I figure.

crawfy
03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Had to drive to Coaldale today on the way home a the wind was blowing so bad it was picking up pea gravel and stones sandblasted the crap out of the front of my truck.

Twisted Canuck
03-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Ahhhh yes, one of the main reasons why we relocated from Pincher Creek after 5 yrs there. Love the countryside, great folks down there, but the Gawdang wind! I used to hear it roaring outside, and inside you could see the water rising and falling a couple inches in the toilet because of the vaccuum on the stack. Seen the gravel blow, and remember having the pedal to the floor to drive the van downhill into the wind..... Don't miss it, thanks for reminding me!:)

Albertadiver
03-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Talked to a rancher today who lives near where the oldman crosses the 22 highway... He said he was going to have to start tying his cows down today....

molly
03-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Got about a dozen shingles ripped off. I phoned insurance and left a MSG.
Never ever made a claim. Anyone done this? Should be straight forward I figure.

We have a house in Pincher that is rented and we put in a claim in January for wind damage and the adjuster still has not been down to look at it! Our renter is a bit nervous and went up there in 90 km. winds to tack down lifting shingles...We are not impressed with this insurance situation so far! We deal with Wawanesa but it is the adjuster that is making us worried!:scared:

Selkirk
03-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Had to drive to Coaldale today on the way home a the wind was blowing so bad it was picking up pea gravel and stones sandblasted the crap out of the front of my truck.

If your vehicle is fully insured, that ^ damage is covered. You can make a claim.

We have a house in Pincher that is rented and we put in a claim in January for wind damage and the adjuster still has not been down to look at it! Our renter is a bit nervous and went up there in 90 km. winds to tack down lifting shingles...We are not impressed with this insurance situation so far! We deal with Wawanesa but it is the adjuster that is making us worried!:scared:

Time to lodge a formal complaint Molly. In my previous life, I worked as an Insuance Adjuster and then as a Commercial Underwriter (for 10+ years). There is no way you should have to put up with that kind of *&^%$#@ service.

TF

winger7mm
03-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Yup, just outside of coalhurst a 3500 4 door long box and a 30' holiday trailer blew over, we were on out way fishing and if we were a minute faster we would have been the ones pulling the guy and his wife out, crazy crazy yesterday

Sushi
03-10-2012, 07:43 AM
I saw 4 units flipped over on the way home from Castle Mntn yesterday. The ski hill was super windy...at 9am the wind gusts on top of the mntn were reported to be 160km/hr down from 230km/hr the day before. Tamarack (red) lift was shut down and top of mntn inaccessible due to the high winds....the lower slopes were only moderately windy and it was a nice day on the hill.

u_cant_rope_the_wind
03-10-2012, 08:51 AM
so what yer saying is the people in the area where you live all walk at an angle and when they round a bend out of the wind they fall flet on their faces????:sHa_shakeshout:

molly
03-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Time to lodge a formal complaint Molly. In my previous life, I worked as an Insuance Adjuster and then as a Commercial Underwriter (for 10+ years). There is no way you should have to put up with that kind of *&^%$#@ service.

TF

Thanks for that! I will call our insurance company on Monday and tell them what you have told me! Hugs to Sky, by the way!:)