PDA

View Full Version : Watch where you're going!

airbornedeerhunter
03-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I just peeled the neighbours kid off the pavement and from underneath a moving truck in my sub-division. Guy was driving on the wrong side of the street and looking down at a blackberry when he came around the turn and creamed the little fella. Lots of bumps and bruises and scraped all to hell but he'll be OK. Slow down in sub-divisions and pay attention to the damn road.

thunderheart
03-09-2012, 05:39 PM
glad the little bugger is ok .. its a hanging offense in BC to text or used a hand held phone while driving

Bound2Fish
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
And you rushed back here to tell us? Wow you are quick, you continue to make posts frequently in the past hour or so and you run out, save a kid and run back here to post about it? Doubt it, but if you did good for helping the kid out. Did you happen to call the police and fill out a statement and let them know that he was driving while distracted? Get his contact info just in case there may be some internal issues with the child?

rwm1273
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
If it was my kid who got hit by some idiot texting, I would take the guy to a bridge and see how good he swims.

jryley
03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I just peeled the neighbours kid off the pavement and from underneath a moving truck in my sub-division. Guy was driving on the wrong side of the street and looking down at a blackberry when he came around the turn and creamed the little fella. Lots of bumps and bruises and scraped all to hell but he'll be OK. Slow down in sub-divisions and pay attention to the damn road.

Not tryin to be a d-bag, but how do you know he was on the wrong side of the road and looking down at his phone if he hit the kid while coming around a corner? Would he not be out of the sight line?

airbornedeerhunter
03-09-2012, 06:31 PM
And you rushed back here to tell us? Wow you are quick, you continue to make posts frequently in the past hour or so and you run out, save a kid and run back here to post about it? Doubt it, but if you did good for helping the kid out. Did you happen to call the police and fill out a statement and let them know that he was driving while distracted? Get his contact info just in case there may be some internal issues with the child?

It happened a few hours ago, I should have clarified-my bad!

airbornedeerhunter
03-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Not tryin to be a d-bag, but how do you know he was on the wrong side of the road and looking down at his phone if he hit the kid while coming around a corner? Would he not be out of the sight line?

D-bag, no! I saw the whole thing, right in front of our house my wife and I were screaming at the guy and the kids to look out, could have been a lot worse.

Ruger1022
03-09-2012, 06:34 PM
On my way into work today I noticed there was a bit of a line after the lights I was stopped at. When I went through the lights I noticed the first person in the oncoming traffic had his head down texting. As I drove past the rest of the 50 cars waiting, every second car the person had their head down looking at the phone. I think there should be a law for not texting and driving on Calgary roads!!:thinking-006:
Oh wait.... (http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/distracteddriving.htm)

Jimboy
03-09-2012, 09:03 PM
glad the little bugger is ok .. its a hanging offense in BC to text or used a hand held phone while driving

lts a bugger , thats fer sure:thinking-006:

WayneChristie
03-09-2012, 09:20 PM
insert blackberry A into slot B "utt"

leeaspell
03-09-2012, 09:26 PM
When I met the gf she was always texring and driving. One day I told her i was gonna time.her sending a text while were sitting in the driveway. It took 11 seconds. She said ok its only 11 seconds what's the big deal. So we pulled out and she started driving. As we were going up the street I told her to close her eyes for 11 seconds and see what happens. She said that would be stupid, ill crash into something. I said so whats the.difference in looking down at your phone or closing your eyes for 11 seconds. Either way your not looking where your going.

To date, she hasn't texted while driving since.

Rocky7
03-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Hope the driver is charged. That sounded close to a tragedy.

Years ago I was in Montreal. A fellow making a right turn on a red didn't notice a middle-aged lady step off the sidewalk and he bumped her, knocked her down. She wasn't hurt.

A cabbie was behind the right-turning driver, who of course had stopped when he knocked the lady down. The cabbie leaped out, ran over to the driver's door, yanked it open, popped the driver in the face, shut the door and went back to his cab. When the light changed back to green he left. The offending driver still looked stunned when I walked away. It was about the only thing I liked about Montreal.

That was possible in the 70's. Not now.