PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Damage Insurance Question

SinisteR
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Noticed tonight that sometime over the last day or 2 someone smeared the back door and rear fender of my car. I was at a walmart yesterday and guess thats where it probably happened. Just a quick look and i figure there is a couple grand damage. Am I better off getting this covered by insurance or just paying and fixing it myself? Will these parking lot hit and runs affect my insurance rates? I have a clean record but dont want to put a claim that will bite me the first/next time I need it? Any thoughts?

leeaspell
03-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Unless you can pin it on someone your rates will go up. I gouged the box on my truck and a fender. Parts are cheap, paint is expensive. Maybe someone on here is a painter and can hook you up on a paint job for. Good price. A new.fender for my truck was $90. $300 to paint it. At another place the.fender was $150, $250 to paint it lol. And the cheap paint place.won't paint a.fender from someone else, go figure.

4thredneck
03-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Talk to your broker, your rates won't go up on a hit and run.

tina-marie
03-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Call your insurance company, all policies are different. Some of them will give you a freebie claim depending how long you've had your policy with them,

rwm1273
03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Call your insurance company, all policies are different. Some of them will give you a freebie claim depending how long you've had your policy with them,

My previous insurance company gave me a freebee for an accident my wife had, then sent me a bill to pay for the payout they paid. Some of the money they paid out was for an injury for someone who was not even in the vehicle. I pointed out that this was fraud, and then I cancelled my policy.

Champion
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
In Jan I was doing a job in Slave Lake and someone backed into my truck parked at the Super 8. I talked to my broker about my options and he said that it is a "not at fault" claim. So I just had to pay the deductible and good to go.

Hope you have the same insurance coverage I do.

Kevin

wildcat111
03-11-2012, 05:50 PM
i learnt the hard way, your rates will go up, its probably cheaper to get it fixed yourself, and if its to expensive than probably go threw your insurance.

TreeGuy
03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I'd rather talk with an Ex's lawyer than an insurance agent. Fix it yourself.....

AMisler
03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I just fixed my own front bumper due to the 2000$ quote that I was given at the dealership. I bought the replacement peices for what was broken and replaced it myself. Probably not an option for you, but it will cost you money either way.