PDA

View Full Version : Fox pro and gophers?

LacLaBicheNS
03-10-2012, 10:35 PM
So I wonder if prarie dogs would come up for the prarie dog in dis stress call? Legal?

Might be useful on those slow days when you know they are just inches below the surface

Oldmanfry
03-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Ya good question, I have the gopher "all clear" call.

I am curious about this too.

Scott N
03-11-2012, 05:12 AM
prairie dogs and what Albertans commonly call gophers are two different critters, so I'm not sure it will work.

NoKlu
03-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Those little buggers are Cannibals. Might be like ringing the dinner bell.

4thredneck
03-11-2012, 07:09 AM
If you need to call gophers you have to find a new patch!

LacLaBicheNS
03-11-2012, 09:09 AM
I know prairie dogs and gophers aren't the same thing. But I know the whistles you can buy at peavy mart work for gopher/prarie dog or whatever you call them.

So would the fox pro prarie dog in distress call work since the whistle work? Anyone try?

If not, fox pro should make a call that does work for them!

ArcherAPA
03-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I use a gopher whistle that I got from Wholesale. I works great when they pop down a hole and you want then to stick there heads back up. A couple quick blasts (I have it set up so I can use it at full draw) and they come up to investigate... Then thwack!

Big Daddy Badger
03-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Those little buggers are Cannibals. Might be like ringing the dinner bell.

Interesting point.

I wonder if is less actual cannibalism and more an effort to remove predator attractant... blood and guts from around their hole.

We've all see the behaviour but I wonder if we are misunderstanding what it really is?

Bearen09
03-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Interesting point.

I wonder if is less actual cannibalism and more an effort to remove predator attractant... blood and guts from around their hole.

We've all see the behaviour but I wonder if we are misunderstanding what it really is?

Well when you see them on the road eating each other?????? think that answers your question.. The road is not near the hole..