PDA

View Full Version : The Business of Politics

sheephunter
03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I was listening to a political analyst on television last night and he was comparing U.S. campaigns to Canadian ones and how negative ads and smear campaigns seem to work in the US but have the opposite effect up here. I guess the Liberals learned that lesson on Monday. Just received this and thought I'd share it as an example......

TheClash
03-05-2008, 12:02 PM
i hate them...absolutely hate to hear or see them. makes me think of grade school...but then again i can't watch question period either because it makes me sick to see how our "leaders" act. if we held a meeting with our kids at school and they acted out like our politicians do they would be scolded and told to act properly...some good examples we have. to me the way the questions period is handled is so childish it embarrasses me.

NS Beagler
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Did the Liberals even run a campaign??? In my riding , I finally saw a sign 2 days before the election. Before that I had no idea who was even running for them. I had one pamphlet stuck in my door from the green party and that was it. I would think it hard to dethrone the PCs if nobody even know who you are. Certainly different then how the campaign in NS. For the most part the candidates knock on each any every door, explaining there platform and answering questions...if you answer the door that is LOL.

Okotokian
03-05-2008, 02:05 PM
I got no politicians darkening my door, not even any pamphlets, nothing. No signs for ANY party on my street. It was like there wasn't even an election unless you watched TV (a slam stelmach ad once in a while). I must be getting old. It seemed like the campaign was about a week long.

BUD
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I was listening to a political analyst on television last night and he was comparing U.S. campaigns to Canadian ones and how negative ads and smear campaigns seem to work in the US but have the opposite effect up here. I guess the Liberals learned that lesson on Monday. Just received this and thought I'd share it as an example......
Hey , Sheep , enuff of the PDF , dont work in my ole pc.

sheephunter
03-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Hey , Sheep , enuff of the PDF , dont work in my ole pc.

Download Adobe Acrobat Reader...it's free. That's the way I received the file...sorry.

calgarychef
03-06-2008, 09:35 AM
I had lots of campaigners calling and knocking at my door. I asked all of them about OS and RAMP not one of them had any clue what I was talking about.

the chef

Grampa Jim
03-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Sheep......Having been in the states for the last few months i have really taken an interest in there process.The people down here are really passionate about it and i have had some interesting conversations about it.I still think obama will win for his party and wiil probably win the election.However clinton is really making it a fight.People here take a lot more interest in elections than we seem to.I hope ever one is having a good winter.See you in the spring..................................Grampa Jim