PDA

View Full Version : Bison Home and on the Wall

Donny Bear
03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Well got home the Bison Today straight from the Sugar Creek Booth at the Red Deer Sportsmans Show! DaJimmer is very Happy with his Bison and as Always Thanks Marco for a great mount from Sugar Creek keeping the memories alive.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/escanabajimmer/ManCave014.jpg

Drop_Tine
03-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Yuppers thats a beauty of an animal & mount !!! Congrats gents!!

Otter
03-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Congrats on the great buffalo.Very nice mount. Marco did a great job as always

TBark
03-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Nice, Great work by Marco.
That wouldn't fly in my house, ha.
But good for you.

TBark

flyguyd
03-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Good lookin Buff

thunderheart
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
very nice and a better looking mount than done on mounted in alaska:)

Springer
03-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Ya Great Mount Marco. It was very impressive to see at the show this wekend at the Sportsmen show. That is one BIG Bison Donny B.

Duk Dog
03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow they are a big big critter. Congrats, looks good.

borchy
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Congrats and very nicely done..

SugarCreek
03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Donnybear is not being fair as he actually played a role in helping mount the buffalo aswell. It was a joint venture which he wanted to be a part of as this buffalo had a tonne (no pun intended) of great memories for him on the hunt with his son DaJimmer.....so nicely done Donnybear and this mount will likely carry more fond memories for years to come. Thanks again for letting us use the buff at the show this weekend..........Marco

alpineguy
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Love it! Great job DaJimmer, Donnybear and of course..... Marco/Sugar Creek!

thumper
03-11-2012, 09:01 PM
What a beauty! It looks like a prehistoric monster that someone pulled out of an Irish peat bog! Well done!
I gotta get me one of those:)

Donny Bear
03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Donnybear is not being fair as he actually played a role in helping mount the buffalo aswell. It was a joint venture which he wanted to be a part of as this buffalo had a tonne (no pun intended) of great memories for him on the hunt with his son DaJimmer.....so nicely done Donnybear and this mount will likely carry more fond memories for years to come. Thanks again for letting us use the buff at the show this weekend..........Marco

Thanks for letting me come to the shop and work with you on my sons Bison I preped the form and set the horns using the actual skull to insure they were positioned just right and after Marco did the important work I sewed up the back which I must admit required a great deal of skill with the sparse hair cover some areas as little as 4 inches and never more than 18 inches of hair it required near surgical skill :bad_boys_20: ok maybe not. I had fun forgot about my job for a day and learned to respect the work of a taxidermist a lot more than I already did, and yes it contributed to the memory for sure I also know that it was a privilage to be allowed to have a part in the process!

Alberta Bigbore
03-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Great Looking mount!!

2 Tollers
03-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks for letting me come to the shop and work with you on my sons Bison I preped the form and set the horns using the actual skull to insure they were positioned just right and after Marco did the important work I sewed up the back which I must admit required a great deal of skill with the sparse hair cover some areas as little as 4 inches and never more than 18 inches of hair it required near surgical skill :bad_boys_20: ok maybe not. I had fun forgot about my job for a day and learned to respect the work of a taxidermist a lot more than I already did, and yes it contributed to the memory for sure I also know that it was a privilage to be allowed to have a part in the process!

Very nice mount and great memories with the field video and shop work. Thanks for putting this up.

Hugh

oldgutpile
03-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Nice job Marco! I got to see this work in progress, when I was there to pick up my cat. They are massive critters for sure.
To Donny and DaJimmer, thanks for letting all the rest of us tag along for the hunt and the follow-up. You shared your adventures with a big crowd here and I am sure I can speak for most when I say "well done!"

fordtruckin
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey if we put your head with my hide we could have a life size! lol, Hope my hide turns out that well! How much wall space does he take up? lol

Sledhead71
03-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Amazing Bison mount, thanks for sharing !

Sooner
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Great looking mount. I hope there is still a hunt in 4 yrs. Thats when my boy turns 18 and we can start applying for the draw.

James M
03-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Great looking mount. I hope there is still a hunt in 4 yrs. Thats when my boy turns 18 and we can start applying for the draw.

You can get a draw tag at age 12 provided you/he is an Alberta resident.

Chet
03-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Looks great! What a trophy to have. Big old Wooly Bully.

Sooner
03-13-2012, 09:10 AM
You can get a draw tag at age 12 provided you/he is an Alberta resident.

He is 14 in june, I really havent looked at the bison regs as I assumed he would have to be 18 to shoot his own. I got some reading to do and we are life long Albertans. Thanks James_m

Donny Bear
03-13-2012, 08:28 PM
He is 14 in june, I really havent looked at the bison regs as I assumed he would have to be 18 to shoot his own. I got some reading to do and we are life long Albertans. Thanks James_m

No sir my son was 16 when he shot his and 14 is as good of age as any!

buckbrushoutdoors
03-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Looks awesome!!!!