PDA

View Full Version : Would anybody be interested in....

TundraBuck
03-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Doing a camping trip along the North Ram River this summer. Guaranteed get into some decent cutthroat trout if you flyfish, and the potential for big bull trout is there. I have located a great campsite along the river and fish-filled runs are as close to the camp as 200 yards upstream. If anyone would be interested speak up, maybe we can set something up for an AO camping trip. Open to spin fishermen as well but flyfishing will outfish.

Lethalconnection
03-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Might see you at this certain spot...a certain somebody you know is gunna take me there;)

Brady
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Awwwwwwww the memories. I have spent a few long weekends in there over the years. I could possibly be interested in this............Of course a run into F*&&! Creek would be in order.:)

TundraBuck
03-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Heh Brady, I know what you mean. Maybe we could make this work, that would be neat. If the N. Ram doesn't work out I have a couple spots around the blackstone and cardinal.

mud slug
03-05-2008, 05:59 PM
blackstone gap is a beutifull place, but they did a bunch off drilling back in there last year some of the spots we camped at are well sites now. i'm in always can use a reason to go fishing/camping

TundraBuck
03-05-2008, 06:12 PM
blackstone gap is a beutifull place, but they did a bunch off drilling back in there last year some of the spots we camped at are well sites now. i'm in always can use a reason to go fishing/camping

I know the area you are speaking of, one of the places we camp at while hunting is where drilling has taken place, however the places we camp at to fish are quite upstream of the gap, well away from any sort of oilfield or logging activity :)

mud slug
03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
//

Brady
03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Cardinal could work, for us. We are going to be making at least one trip out there, possibly a few more..... Some good spots in there that you could get quite a few campers and tents in, if needed.

Here's one that would accomodate quite a few folks. On the Cardinal, and close to where the Nomad, and Ruby creeks run into it. Also one darn good lake or 2 very near.......;) ;) ;)

TundraBuck
03-05-2008, 07:50 PM
/

TundraBuck
03-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Lol yup we got some great ideas. I think I recognize that spot. You are right too there is M________ lake nearby and a few more further north. How is the tributary fishing Brady? Haven't done much of it myself.

Brady
03-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Lol yup we got some great ideas. I think I recognize that spot. You are right too there is M________ lake nearby and a few more further north. How is the tributary fishing Brady? Haven't done much of it myself.

I have done good in the mouth of the ruby and near the mouth of the nomad for trout. Both bulls and cuttys. My fav place to fish in that area though would be Ruby lakes. Some kinda perty up in there.

KyleM
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
If it includes fishing and beer, Iam in.
Now I know you didnt say anything about beer, Iam just assuming :lol:

I can bring an extra flyrod if theres someone who wants to learn.

Mish
03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm in if I can get some time off and you guys don't mind me tagging along.

BloodHound70
03-06-2008, 07:19 AM
I also am interested...Haven't fished that area for quite a while now. Keep me in the loop.

BH

Bogman10
03-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I try to go there every august for the hopper season, let me know the when,where, and hows. I would love to go with some new people!
Keep me posted please!

TundraBuck
03-06-2008, 05:17 PM
You guys, yes, yes, and yes. Beer is pretty self-explanatory, lol. Brady I have never fished the Ruby Lakes, perhaps we should try it at a point. Mish for sure you can come.

Bloodhound and Bogman, we will try to accomodate this so it will work for everyone.

Bogman10, we will potentially try and find the hopper hatch, but either way those cutts can't resist a turks or adams.

Cowtown guy
03-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Add one more to the yes pile. That whole area is something to behold. Who needs calendars for scenery pics? We have better right in our backyards. Keep us posted as this looks like it is gonna go for sure. If you need any help organizing drop me a line.

Bogman10
03-06-2008, 11:31 PM
this could turn out to be one hell of a good time!

Bogman10
03-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I also would like to add that I have a fly fishing rod or 2 that I could lend somebody who would like to try the ultimate way to catch Cutts! I have been able to put 3 out of 4 people into trout on that river learning to fly fish. the other one was to stubborn too listen to me!
By the way, North ram Is one of my favorite places in all the province!!
Damn you all!, now I can't wait till the season!!!

KyleM
03-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Bogman, I have a few years experience but Ive never fished the West.
I will listen to you if you have some advice.

This may be a little in advance but.....I have been to a few of these events before....a potluck dinner is always a great way to get everyone in the social circuit so to speak.

TundraBuck
03-07-2008, 03:48 PM
A potluck would be awesome. This is still in the primitive stages but looks like we have a decent amount of interest. :D

Gobi
08-13-2008, 03:22 PM
This still happening??

Chironomid
08-13-2008, 08:10 PM
It'd be sweet if it does. Anyone going out this weekend?

Rudy198
08-13-2008, 09:02 PM
this would sound like a fun time and a great place to meet some of the members..I would try my hardest to get there..Let me know if it's a go

Bogman10
08-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Give us a when and where!

BigRackLover
08-13-2008, 11:12 PM
I'd be interested. Have a tent trailer and a fly rod. I'm out of Edmonton so just let me know the dates and whatnot and I'll see what I can do.

Was just their last weekend ... caught a dozen or so cutts, one 16"er. Good times.

Would not mind walking into Gap Lake either potentially.

The Fisherman Guy
08-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Potluck, Cutties, Camping..... I'll bring the smoker and I can make some candied cutthroat. But we need a date! I would like to meet a few people from the forum, I can also car pool from Calgary if anyone needs.

I will be watching for a date!! TundraB you are the administrator of this event! Show us the way!

Gobi
08-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I can carpool from calgary as well if we actually wanna go ahead and do this up. A great opportunity to meet some group members and get some pointers on learning to fly fish :D

tonyflyfish
08-16-2008, 10:31 AM
is game for this! Will come from Edm and have room for others. Can bring jon boat/and/or canoe.

redneck posse
08-16-2008, 12:55 PM
tundra tried to set this up way back in march, and there was little to no intrest so it was droped. then someone in red deer tried to set on up even looked into booking a whole campground, but every one argued over when so it to was droped. i still think it would be a great idea. might have to plan one over the winter.

Chironomid
08-16-2008, 11:25 PM
TundraBuck is a relative of mine, he's in Labrador for work until later this fall so he's not around.

If guys are interested I think we could do something like this either at the end of the month or early September, what do you guys think? North Ram or there are a few other spots out there I know that country by the back of my head.

tonyflyfish
08-17-2008, 08:53 AM
any weekend works-well I will make it work. Would prefer a place I can get the trailer into but will come even if I have to tent it.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-17-2008, 01:15 PM
hey that would ber cool park and quad in . Or somethinmg like that. Depending on what intails for September I have4 2 busy weekends but I might be up for something.

The Fisherman Guy
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Well son on the beach, my salmon trip is cancelled due to buddy and his new job; "..sorry dude it can't happen this year..." So the money and the time are available! Not bringing my woman, want to catch fish. I like catching cutthroat, and a buzz - whenever in september is good for me.

I have a deep frying setup, not too expereinced with it though, just for corn roasts so far. Big enough to feed all of us. Anyone done a big chili in one of these?? I have yet to try that.

Trailer spot would be great, but I have a tent setup as well. No ohv for me, unless my one ton can drive in too.

tonyflyfish
08-17-2008, 09:17 PM
ATV either but will follow the "path" LOL

Chironomid
08-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Mostly deer and elk trails there guys. Why don't you guys PM me and we'll see if we can put something together. Where are you from tonyflyfish?

Gobi
08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
tundra tried to set this up way back in march, and there was little to no intrest so it was droped. then someone in red deer tried to set on up even looked into booking a whole campground, but every one argued over when so it to was droped. i still think it would be a great idea. might have to plan one over the winter.

See, if we want this to happen, then a person or a few are going to have to take charge and plan something. You're not going to make everybody happy so the only way I could possibly see this happening is pick a long weekend, plan it, make the reservations, and tell people this is when it is. Not everybody will be able to make it, but if you give everybody a chance to at least plan around it then this could be getting off the ground.

Chironomid
08-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Long weekends are gong shows. Weekend before a long weekend is ideal as streams haven't been pounded and quads driven through them 50,000,000,000,000 times.

The Fisherman Guy
08-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Sept 12, 13, 14. I do not know the Ram area, so a person with good directions to a good site would be a great asset.
I would imagine that there will be 5-20 people out there, so a spot to accomodate those kinds of numbers would be great. We don't need to argue on when and where, lets just hear some spots and put it to a vote. Reading that the NRR has not been very good this year we could head elsewhere if there are any ideas, lets hear it!

I am looking forward to catching a few fish, meeting some board members, and learning some new things. Just thought I would throw a date out there.

Any objections?:huh:

tonyflyfish
08-19-2008, 10:01 AM
I will be just ending a week on the Forestry Trunk so this will be a grand finale!! I will go along with the majority as to the location. I do not know the area very well so I won't make any suggestions. If a 29 ft trailer fits in there it will be all the better but we can hike in also!