PDA

View Full Version : Dr Green

moosemad
03-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Well it's almost that time of year again. This year I was thinking of using a lawn care company because my dogs make such a mess of the lawn it may be cheaper. Anyway the "Dr Green" guys are bugging us for our business. Anyone have any experience with these guys good or bad?
Saw a show on the fifth estate or similar that warned about a few of these companies so if you have a company that has been good to you I'm all ears.
Thanks. :test:

bubba 96
03-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Well it's almost that time of year again. This year I was thinking of using a lawn care company because my dogs make such a mess of the lawn it may be cheaper. Anyway the "Dr Green" guys are bugging us for our business. Anyone have any experience with these guys good or bad?
Saw a show on the fifth estate or similar that warned about a few of these companies so if you have a company that has been good to you I'm all ears.
Thanks. :test:

DO NOT USE THEM...I fell for there for there speal last year, they gave me too good of a deal to be true power rake airate fert fist time out..when it came time I called them too see when they were gonna come out, they tell less than a week, so I waited two weeks called them again nothing, so after 3 weeks my lawn couldn't wait any more so I do it. Week after they come, you could clearly tell my lawn was power raked and airated and fertilized by me, so what do they do they put down more fert and leave me a bill for power raking airarating and fert. So after watering the hell outta my lawn so it wouldn't burn I call them to resolve the 150 dollar charge they left me.I fought with them for weeks about it, I wasn't paying cause I did all the work.they tell me a verbally have a contract and it was too bad. I say they didn't validate there end of the contract therefor it was void..so I don't hear anything for couple more weeks, then I get a call saying my account is going to a collection agency for my outstanding bill...so now I'm really getting steamed, after talking to every 12yr old they have working there I finally get a manger(still sounds like he is a 12yr old) and losing my mind, I end up paying 45 bucks for the fert and tell them not to bother coming out or my 80lb boxer will have them for lunch. so I would not use them.....And the best part is they have called me twice this year already and tried to get me to sign them up.....But the cant understand why I have some choice word for them.D:angry3:

hassihand
03-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Not sure where you're located but if in Calgary it looks like you should stay away....42 complaints with the BBB

http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-reviews/lawn-care-companies/dr-green-services-in-calgary-ab-63222

When in doubt, forget Google and go straight to the BBB!!!

moosemad
03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I saw the BBB report but they also said they have been in buisness a long time so they upped their rating. Sounds like I'll be passing over their offer.
Hey Bubba, I guess that is the reason they want the money by the end of march to get the discount, then they can get there whenever they want.
I've also heard some of these guys will return without permission and charge you for extra work, then it's the collection agency when you refuse to pay.