PDA

View Full Version : Rescued anglers may be charged for rescue

Sundancefisher
03-13-2012, 08:15 AM
http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/03/13/ice-anglers-could-be-charged-over-rescue

Seems to be fair. $100 per rescued person. I wonder what happened to the vehicles?

Lefty-Canuck
03-13-2012, 08:23 AM
http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/03/13/ice-anglers-could-be-charged-over-rescue

Seems to be fair. $100 per rescued person. I wonder what happened to the vehicles?

Seems cheap for an "Idiot" tax....

LC

Geezle
03-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Seems cheap for an "Idiot" tax....

LC

I thought the same thing

Joe Fehr
03-13-2012, 08:48 AM
It happens! Pony up for the equipment and people!!

Jayhad
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Despite multiple warnings about unsafe ice, anglers went on to the lake

Seems pretty reasonable to me

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I watched on Global news the other day at lunch last Thursday or Friday , that On Lake Simcoe ,major Ice flow let go from shore , and there were 15 or 20 fisherman plus all there gear , im sure quads and snowmobiles to , After there being a warning , these people that do that should be 100 % accountable , and should be fined , then billed for the cost of there rescue .

Its one thing your house catches fire your trapped they get you out , or your on a lake you hit a few big swells , and boat tips and capsizes they rally the rescuers and come pluck you out the water a little different then deliberately doing something stupid to which your told to stay away from then still do it .

Should of let them swim .

fishdude17
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
If there were warning signs out about the dangers of the ice, I believe they all should have to pay. On the flip side, $100 is a fairly cheap price for having your life saved...

208prov
03-14-2012, 08:25 PM
If somebody had to rescue me for my life 100 bucks is nothing, they should donate another 100 for just cause.

OverTheHill
03-14-2012, 08:28 PM
My life is certainly worth more than a hundred to me....
A voluntary stupid tax! I think that is very fair.
Just as long as the government doesn't start to make a profit on these things in the future..... Just as they do with everything else...

Jimboy
03-14-2012, 09:36 PM
My life is certainly worth more than a hundred to me....
A voluntary stupid tax! I think that is very fair.
Just as long as the government doesn't start to make a profit on these things in the future..... Just as they do with everything else...nice pants aye

BeeGuy
03-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Many many millions are injected into the local and peripheral economies through ice fishing on Simcoe.

Rescues are a seasonal occurrence, and this is far from a poor municipality.

The idiot tax has already been paid many times over for these rescues.

Greed knows no bounds.

Lefty-Canuck
03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Many many millions are injected into the local and peripheral economies through ice fishing on Simcoe.

Rescues are a seasonal occurrence, and this is far from a poor municipality.

The idiot tax has already been paid many times over for these rescues.

Greed knows no bounds.

....stupidity knows no bounds either....

How would I guess that you would disagree with 99% of the people here... :)

Your reputation preceeds you :)

How about rescuers risking their lives to save a bunch of idiots who can't heed warnings??? What if a rescue chopper went down trying to get these jackwagons to dry land?....would you feel the same way? :)

LC :)

BeeGuy
03-14-2012, 10:59 PM
It happens every year.

Just the cost of doing business.

And their business is doing quite well.

An idiot tax would bankrupt the nation.