PDA

View Full Version : U.s. Wolves .

H380
03-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Anyone else see the Nat Geo TV show last night about wolves ? Looks like our own SRD isn't the only ones wanting to screw up the game situation ..The U.S. boys maybe even one upping us . Seems they can't remember they are wiping out the elk in Yellowstone by introducing wolves . Now they are reintroducing them back into the White Mountain Apache area of Arizona where some of the best elk huntingin the world is to be had ..Gotta love those educated bambi lovers .

cowmanbob
03-13-2012, 06:31 PM
There was a study done in nordegg in the 80's about wolves killing elk calves.4-7 live calves per 100 cows was the result. In my area the calf survival rate is probably 90% plus until hunting season starts. The wolves here seem to prefer deer. Some years ago i killed 4 out of a pack of 6 and when i took the film to the processor,the gal asked if i knew that they were on the endangered list. I said if thats the case I'd better get to shootong more of them. bob

H380
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
There was a study done in nordegg in the 80's about wolves killing elk calves.4-7 live calves per 100 cows was the result. In my area the calf survival rate is probably 90% plus until hunting season starts. The wolves here seem to prefer deer. Some years ago i killed 4 out of a pack of 6 and when i took the film to the processor,the gal asked if i knew that they were on the endangered list. I said if thats the case I'd better get to shootong more of them. bob

I think anything in your scope is "Endangered ".. any more wolves this year Bob ?

KBF
03-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Quite a few reports coming in from guys seeing the odd 1,2,3 and 4 together at times in northern Utah.

cowmanbob
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
I think anything in your scope is "Endangered ".. any more wolves this year Bob ?

I got one coming in steady to a deceased cow so its only a matter of time before i get him.