PDA

View Full Version : Gun & Sportsman Auction March 17th - Wainwright

simoncriss
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
There is an Unreserved Gun & Sportsman Auction in Wainwright at Scribner Auction this Saturday, March 17th.
Here's the link:
http://scribnernet.com/March_17_2012_Gun___Sportsman.html

rwm1273
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I wonder if it will as over priced as the last auction there.

timsesink
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Don't waste your time the you can walk into most stores and buy the same guns for cheaper brand new. As for the auctioneer doing the posting, become a sponsor or stop advertising!

simoncriss
03-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry, thought this was an open forum for gun enthusiasts.

simoncriss
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
I've been to many different gun auctions and as a buyer myself, and each auction is different. Prices are sometimes low & sometimes high. Hard to know until it's over.

rwm1273
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Sorry, thought this was an open forum for gun enthusiasts.

It is an open forum. However some people are a little outspoken.

I am glad you posted the link to it. However if it is anything like last gun auction there, it will not be worth it, and a waste of time as too many people bidding on items that you could buy new cheaper.

Ken07AOVette
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Im going gopher hunting. The last one I went to was a huge waste of time.

Big Daddy Badger
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
I'll probably go...I just like auctions.
And...it's a fun way to kill a day and an excuse to socialize with folks I usually only see during hunting season.
If I get bored...I can pop over to the range or maybe go kill a few grass rats.

Thing is...I probably won't bid on anything though.

The sale bill looks pretty thin and Scribners gets top dollar for their consignors if they can.

Quite often bidders focus in on winning and forget that they can get the same thing cheaper... brand spanking new.
So...I'll pop in and check the wares... maybe there will be something I need...a wall hanger...a decent parts gun or such.

bushnell
03-13-2012, 10:02 PM
I know that I will not go there again. After the last auction,not again, waste of my time and effort.

Big Daddy Badger
03-13-2012, 11:43 PM
I know that I will not go there again. After the last auction,not again, waste of my time and effort.

Worked out good for me...I was selling...lol

To be honest...I like the crowd.
I go to BS with buds as much as anything else.

timsesink
03-14-2012, 09:07 AM
sorry simoncriss, since all your last posts were auction related I just assumed you must be affiliated with the auction, my bad.