PDA

View Full Version : seamax ocean 320

coyotezh
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Mine is on the way from Vancouver, really excited!!!!!!!!!! Plan to buy a trolling motor for her first. Is 30lb thrust enough for trolling purpose? WSS has a ENDURA C2 only costs me 120 dollars.......

Willowtrail
03-13-2012, 08:36 PM
depends where you want to take it. It's a good motor with good battery life. The more power the better though. Get whatever fits your budget.

fish&fry04
03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the purchase!! Mine arrived in about 7 days. Below is a link to a website with charts for determining what size trolling motor you need. Bottom line go with as much thrust as you can - (without having to go to a 2 battery or 24 volt system unless you want to). (I think 55lb is the highest without going to 2 battery system). Be careful on shaft length too. I think transoms on the seamaxs are 20 inch so go a 30 inch shaft, but I have not purchased mine yet and need to confirm. Have fun!

http://www.alltrollingmotors.com/

P.S. you should get some black canvas type bags with the boat, we did not get one that would actually fit the boat, so I have to email for one. As well seamax does offer (for purchase) extra PVC material that you can attach to the boat if you find you are concerned about river rock rubs etc. I will take ours out on the Bow and see if it is an issue before ordering extra PVC.

P.S.S if you are floating the bow, stay away from the far east corridor under the 22x bridge...there is a large piece of steel about 6 ft long with metal brackets sticking up - major boat hazard especially for an inflatable, i called fish creek authorities 3 weeks ago, hopefully they will remove it while the river is shallow enough to do so.

Fenix_84
03-13-2012, 09:58 PM
i have one. took it on the bow probably like 10 times and its fine, I dont think you need to reinforce it with extra pvc. dont have an electric motor though. i suggest getting a small outboard instead.

the only thing to look out for on the inflatable is the piece of plastic that allows the oars to rotate. during some very vigorous rowing that piece snapped. since then seamax has given me 4 extra pieces but i thought i would make my own using a solid metal.

congrats on the purchase.

billie
03-14-2012, 11:34 AM
the only thing to look out for on the inflatable is the piece of plastic that allows the oars to rotate. during some very vigorous rowing that piece snapped. since then seamax has given me 4 extra pieces but i thought i would make my own using a solid metal.

You may want to reconsider this. If you beef up the weak point, somewhere else becomes the weak point and it may be more difficult to repair. I have replacements instead.

As to the trolling motor, I put a 55#/30" on the bow, works great for looping the pools on the Bow.