PDA

View Full Version : Camping Christina Lake BC

Champion
03-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Well its time to plan the summer vacation and we have talked to some friends and they all recommend Christina Lake. Super warm water, and most of the time good weather.

Can anyone recommend any good campsites that they have used before? One prerequisite is that it has to have showers...wife specified that.

We are using a 30' trailer so pulling off the side of the road wont cut it.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

ducky_hunter
03-14-2012, 07:16 AM
it is a great place . we go every year but rent a place as I would never want to tow my trailer through some of them passes and up and down them hills

dantonsen
03-14-2012, 11:42 AM
book well ahead of time... BC is loaded with albertans in the summer, I used to live in an out of the way area in BC and the camp grounds still were loaded.

and check your brakes, that pass near Christina lake is a mean one especially if you drive an automatic. On another note it was always entertaining to see people from the prairies flying down the mountains in half tonnes towing trailers at 130+kmhr with smoke pouring out the brakes:bad_boys_20:

Champion
03-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Nice, I used to have one of those said 1/2 tonnes, and was always nervous about towing in BC. Last summer I upgraded to a Duramax, so now I have the power to get up the hills, now just have to worry about going down the hills.

I do plan on repacking the bearings before we head out this summer, to hopefully get rid of one potential problem.

Thanks for your advice.

Kevin