PDA

View Full Version : NSR Beverly Bridge/Quesnell Bridge

fisherguy31
03-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Anyone been out here recently?...I searched a ton of old posts but just wondering if anyone has gotten out and tested the waters now that most of the ice is off the river in these locations(Especially Beverly as I drove over it today and my first thought was to get down there ASAP and start casting).

Thanks!

-JR-
03-14-2012, 04:59 AM
the road has a gait on now

thorne
03-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Was down on saturday, spent 2 hours casting everything with no success...better off dropping a minnow rig or worm ball, sit back and relax. There is a gate but just park in front off the road and walk down. Its just to stop the damage from guys ripping up the area in 4x4, stopping the ileagle dumping as well as various other activities with go on down there at night. Fishing during the day is fine.

Geezle
03-14-2012, 08:09 AM
X2 on what thorne said regarding Beverly.

Not sure about the Quesnel yet though.

Paul C
03-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Jay did you have any luck at your spot the other day?

BGSH
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
What were you using? If anyone wants to go in an hour or so?

thorne
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
I tossed jigs, spinners spoons raps of all kinds...pretty much covered the scope. But you may have better luck.

tonypower
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
I just use a black jig (thanks BGSH). In the spring they are still half asleep. Drag it really slow accross the bottom and wait for the tap. stop everything and wait for the fish to start moving with the bait in its mouth AND wham!!! Fish On!!!! Pickrel rigs dont work so great right now. just what works for me.

edit- I would love to go but I am stuck at work today. But tomorrow I am off. Think I might hit wab one more time. Anyone intrested let me know.

BGSH
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
I just use a black jig (thanks BGSH). In the spring they are still half asleep. Drag it really slow accross the bottom and wait for the tap. stop everything and wait for the fish to start moving with the bait in its mouth AND wham!!! Fish On!!!! Pickrel rigs dont work so great right now. just what works for me.

edit- I would love to go but I am stuck at work today. But tomorrow I am off. Think I might hit wab one more time. Anyone intrested let me know.

Goodluck, i am all wabed out.