PDA

View Full Version : There's still good People out there......

ryanheartssteelhead
03-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Was fishing south fish creek park on the Bow this past Saturday. I carry all my gear, phone, wallet etc in a small back pack.
When I stopped to change flies and have a beer, my wallet must have fell out near the bank.
Roughly a half hour later, an older Asian man approached me and asked if I had lost a wallet. There was 3 x $100 bills, CC's, etc inside and nothing was missing. What a great guy.
So we had a beer together...................

damaltor
03-14-2012, 08:23 AM
That is great to hear, nice to know there are still honest people in the world.

TyreeUM
03-14-2012, 08:27 AM
That is great to hear, nice to know there are still honest people in the world.

Agree, thanks for sharing.

I bet all of the people who flip their lid every time someone says "Asian" on here won't complain about it being used in this post...

ryanheartssteelhead
03-14-2012, 08:29 AM

I bet all of the people who flip their lid every time someone says "Asian" on here won't complain about it being used in this post...

I guess I could have been more specific. I know he is chinese.
Incredible guy, he's lead quite the life.

last minute
03-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Was fishing south fish creek park on the Bow this past Saturday. I carry all my gear, phone, wallet etc in a small back pack.
When I stopped to change flies and have a beer, my wallet must have fell out near the bank.
Roughly a half hour later, an older Asian man approached me and asked if I had lost a wallet. There was 3 x $100 bills, CC's, etc inside and nothing was missing. What a great guy.
So we had a beer together...................

your lucky the right person found it .

TyreeUM
03-14-2012, 09:19 AM
I guess I could have been more specific. I know he is chinese.
Incredible guy, he's lead quite the life.

haha I am not talking about your post, I don't think anything is wrong with you or anyone saying "Asian"... I am glad you got your wallet back.

Ken07AOVette
03-14-2012, 09:27 AM

It's not 'Asian' that gets them all wound up....

It's AZN :sHa_sarcasticlol:

And great thread, glad you got your stuff back.

RayL42
03-14-2012, 10:01 AM
That’s awesome! Loosing a wallet sucks, he saved you a lot more then $300 when you consider the hassle of and cost replacing your Id.

commieboy
03-14-2012, 10:03 AM
It's not 'Asian' that gets them all wound up....

It's AZN :sHa_sarcasticlol:

And great thread, glad you got your stuff back.

It's not the word "Asian" which gets me wound up. It's the context in which it is used far too often on this board.

Really glad you got your wallet back. How was the fishing? Care to share tips on flies?

Speckle55
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Grats to your new friendship and good on you for buying the beer ..good Karma .. :thinking-006:in 2012 we are a World Community and all the same, the word is Human Beings

David:)

iliketrout
03-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Let's not derail this into another Asian-bashing thread.

Glad you got your wallet back, Ryan. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this can be an eye opener for some.

ryanheartssteelhead
03-14-2012, 10:25 AM
It's not the word "Asian" which gets me wound up. It's the context in which it is used far too often on this board.

Really glad you got your wallet back. How was the fishing? Care to share tips on flies?

The Bow fish are not too picky right now. I spotted some in 3-4 feet and tried getting them to take a dry but they weren't having it. A few on worms, copper j's and 2 on a purple leech during a slow swing

TyreeUM
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Let's not derail this into another Asian-bashing thread.

Glad you got your wallet back, Ryan. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this can be an eye opener for some.

Yes, sorry I didn't mean to derail this thread. Not sure how much bashing anyone would be able to do on a guy with integrity above most.

canadiantdi
03-14-2012, 10:38 AM
So this guy is poaching, but gives your wallet back? Weird.

commieboy
03-14-2012, 10:50 AM
So this guy is poaching, but gives your wallet back? Weird.

!!!

That's some funny sh....!

TyreeUM
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
!!!

That's some funny sh....!

damnit...

ryanheartssteelhead
03-14-2012, 11:09 AM
SPF60 for the neck's??

commieboy
03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Don't get me wrong, guys.

Just to clarify, I'm working from the assumption that Canadiantdi was being tongue in cheek. Many members on this board seem to equate the word Asian with Poacher. I think he's just calling them out a bit. Made me laugh because a friend of mine (Asian fellow) wants to make a shirt for for himself that has the words "Asian Fisherman" crossed out and the word "Poacher" prominently displayed. He says if he's going to be labelled anyway, he might as well help out a bit.

Ryan, thanks for the tips on the flies. I tried some dries a couple of weeks ago. Two fish rising consistently right in front of me and I threw about a dozen different dries at them and nothing. Good drift, good placement, I know the fish are there..... 30 seconds after my fly passes the strike zone, they come up for something I can't see. Picky little buggers.

Where on the swing are they taking your bugger? Deeper water? Shallows? I had success on streamers a few weeks back, but nothing lately.

canadiantdi
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Just to clarify, I'm working from the assumption that Canadiantdi was being tongue in cheek. Many members on this board seem to equate the word Asian with Poacher. I think he's just calling them out a bit.

correct

BeeGuy
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Happy to see some board members are part of modern civil society.

Also happy to see the OP got his wallet back!

ryanheartssteelhead
03-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Don't get me wrong, guys.

Just to clarify, I'm working from the assumption that Canadiantdi was being tongue in cheek. Many members on this board seem to equate the word Asian with Poacher. I think he's just calling them out a bit. Made me laugh because a friend of mine (Asian fellow) wants to make a shirt for for himself that has the words "Asian Fisherman" crossed out and the word "Poacher" prominently displayed. He says if he's going to be labelled anyway, he might as well help out a bit.

Ryan, thanks for the tips on the flies. I tried some dries a couple of weeks ago. Two fish rising consistently right in front of me and I threw about a dozen different dries at them and nothing. Good drift, good placement, I know the fish are there..... 30 seconds after my fly passes the strike zone, they come up for something I can't see. Picky little buggers.

Where on the swing are they taking your bugger? Deeper water? Shallows? I had success on streamers a few weeks back, but nothing lately.

Most of the takes were on the last 25% of the swing. slower water 5-8 feet deep.