PDA

View Full Version : Walleye Draw

FisherPotch
03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm thinking about drawing for 2 over 50 cm at Newell this year. It's a very long drive for myself but from what I've heard if a guy wants to catch a fish worth mounting this is the best of the three lakes. Pigeon and Wolf are much closer but I havn't heard much for big fish out of these lakes in recent years. I won't mount a fish enless it has 28 inches to it. Possibly a fish that has less length but huge-normus girth.

What do you guys think?

If you are going to draw, what lake and size range are you drawing for?

SNAPFisher
03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
I think I'll go for the 2 over 50 at Pigeon. My wife will likely go for 43-50 at Pigeon. I think it would do some more good to take walleye from Pigeon....besides, I'm hungry :evilgrin:

FisherPotch
03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Good point. Pigeon has way too many eyes from my understanding, making it difficult for some other species. Hey SNAP whats the best eye you have landed at pigeon?

And while were at it If anyone would like to brag and maybe convince me I should draw somewhere nearby. What are the best eye's you have landed at any of the three draw lakes? I know a good number of people have landed hogs from pigeon but that was at least a few years back. Best I've heard for Wolf was a 28 incher.

WillyP
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Caught a Ten a couple years ago at Pigeon, lots of Walleye in there, we caught no less than 15 last weekend fishing for whites which by the was only a total of four.

KJPFISH
03-06-2008, 04:02 PM
I would agree with you about big walleyes at Newell. I caught a 33" - 12 lb hog the end of June. In fact I just got a call the other day that my replica mount has been sent via FedEX. I might even get it today. We caught lots over 25" and a few over 28".

KJPFISH

TundraBuck
03-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Class A or B at Pigeon for sure. We didn't have a problem filling our tags last year.

Gordoats26
03-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Im Putting mine in for Newell over 50 as well i havnt fished there yet but me an the Wife are looking forward to it i live close to pigeon an fish there all the time You can catch a couple hundred fish a day there but your lucky if you hit a 3 or 4 pounder ive heard Newell is a better trophy lake. Cant wait for may 8th Happy lines all.