PDA

View Full Version : Getting Hammered on the Coast!!

Tofinofish
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Not getting Hammered in the sense of consumption and celebration.....but a pretty tough start to coastal Fishing conditions this past week.
I know that our many friends in Alberta are chuckling when we deal with a few inches of snow here and there, but back to back to back to back Storm Force conditions mixed with the odd Hurricane Force and Snow mixed in at sea level makes it "interesting" to say the least.
The last semi-nice day of offshore weather came a report from a local Native Salmon Troller friend who put 30 medium plus (12-20 lb) Chinook Salmon in the boat in just under 2 hours...They're out there for sure and will only get thicker in numbers and size:).
I spend two days on the water over the weekend with guests from Mexico (yah, I was wondering if they were lost as well) who got the full Pacific Experience in the way of Wind Rain Snow and Sun. Though we found some small Salmon in very limited fishing locations due to conditions, we also saw some Wolves on the beach, huge rafts of Sea Otters and an early season Grey Whale almost rubbing the boat in curiosity. To say they were COLD and a little out of their element would be putting it mildly, but enjoyed themselves enough to plan for late June again.

Salmon Fishing and Weather will only get better, and hopefully we are getting the worst of the season over with, making way for smooth sailing ahead.

Some Peak and Shoulder season dates are still available for single or multi-boat groups for the season ahead.