PDA

View Full Version : good spot to hunt gopher.

moose18
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Do anyone kow where you could hunt gophers around edmonton I will drive a hour and half eather way to hunt them i found a spot last year but would like to fine more spots. I would like to use my .223 if i could thanks everyone.

pointer
03-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Do anyone kow where you could hunt gophers around edmonton I will drive a hour and half eather way to hunt them i found a spot last year but would like to fine more spots. I would like to use my .223 if i could thanks everyone.

Put on some kms and knock on some doors farmers are pretty good when it comes to killing gophers

elkhunter11
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Many people guard the location of their gopher fields as much as their big game hunting locations.:)

waterhaulerhunter
03-14-2012, 11:58 PM
yup i am not telling you my honey holes but put on some miles. I have never had a farmer say no.

insurgus
03-15-2012, 12:06 AM
yup i am not telling you my honey holes but put on some miles. I have never had a farmer say no.

qft

Trav
03-15-2012, 12:15 AM
put on some miles I live 2.5 hours from edmonton east and I have more than I can take care of...... had lots of tire bangers but no takers so out comes the poison again

pottymouth
03-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Many people guard the location of their gopher fields as much as their big game hunting locations.:)

Seriously???

Alberta Bigbore
03-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Seriously???

you don't have to go far.... Lots of places out by Tofield that will let you have access for gophers!

nick_rage
03-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Did I miss something I'm still waiting for my tags to come in. I put in for x12 female and x23 male. Really want to get the big guy this year

I guess I'll have to check the regs again maybe the dates have changed this year for ground sq. better be drawn darn it

Ole_Plinker
03-15-2012, 08:04 PM
I'll be semi permanent around Lloydminster starting mid April to May 1. I'm looking for good gopher hunting. I use 22 and 223. Any leads on locations would be apreciated. PM me please.

Cheers

bobalong
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
put on some miles I live 2.5 hours from edmonton east and I have more than I can take care of...... had lots of tire bangers but no takers so out comes the poison again

Are they out already Trav, I was down about a week or so ago and didnt see any yet.

Percher
05-24-2012, 06:17 PM
If there are any Tofield area farmers reading this post that have a gopher problem in their pastures send me a message. My friend and I have 50 years each of safe shooting and would be glad to help you get rid of your gophers. We use .17 HMR ammo which is low noise and very safe, no ricochets.

Comstar
05-24-2012, 07:28 PM

How far from stettler are you?

Faststeel
05-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Well me and my winger are sure glad folks don't want to drive all the way to Chauvin to shoot gophers, We had a great monday afternoon and fantastic 1/2 day tuesday making it so this fine fella won't need so much poison. Might get back next week for some more action . FS

NoKlu
05-29-2012, 11:58 PM
I just moved to Olds and there are not many Gophers in this area this year.

Trav
05-30-2012, 10:54 PM
How far from stettler are you?

At Chauvin about 2.5 hours

Trav
05-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Well me and my winger are sure glad folks don't want to drive all the way to Chauvin to shoot gophers, We had a great monday afternoon and fantastic 1/2 day tuesday making it so this fine fella won't need so much poison. Might get back next week for some more action . FS

Thanks for coming out wish I could have come and shot with you guys some.......unfortunately the seeding needs to get done first

Faststeel
05-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks for coming out wish I could have come and shot with you guys some.......unfortunately the seeding needs to get done first

That stubble field of yours was a lot of fun on Tuesday morning and the black field on monday evening had so many targets I couldn't load fast enough. Some of the best Alberta gopher shooting I have seen. FS

Trav
05-31-2012, 11:29 PM
That stubble field of yours was a lot of fun on Tuesday morning and the black field on monday evening had so many targets I couldn't load fast enough. Some of the best Alberta gopher shooting I have seen. FS

Glad you guys had fun there is still lots of them everywhere......I put out 5 gallons of poison today to try to get them under control close to the farm house

dcw17
06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Went out for my first time today. The first door i knocked on let me go hunt.
37 down today!!!