PDA

View Full Version : Why cant you land a plane in wmu 400-446

Peace Country
03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Hello,
Can some please explain why our government won't allow us to land a plane in the wmu of 400-446 during hunting season?
In BC, the Yukon and the NWT you can land a plane in the mountians any time you want to.
The law states;
land or take off in a fixed-wing aircraft that is carrying big game, big game hunters or firearms of a calibre larger than .22 at or from any location in WMUs 400-446 except those locations where aircraft routinely land and take off.

CaberTosser
03-06-2008, 07:01 PM
land or take off in a fixed-wing aircraft that is carrying big game, big game hunters or firearms of a calibre larger than .22 at or from any location in WMUs 400-446 except those locations where aircraft routinely land and take off.

As I read it they still allow for taking off and landing at established runways/airports. It seems to me the law is worded/intended to prevent people from flying around and landing any old where they feel like and hunting from there. I can't see it preventing you from flying to an existing runway and venturing out from there by whatever means is available: quad, horse, Nodwell or what have you.

Albertabowhunter
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
not much room to fit a horse or quad on a cesna

Peace Country
03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes but why can't you fly out and land on a river or a lake in wmu 400-446and hunt from there?