PDA

View Full Version : Moultrie trail cam

fed
03-15-2012, 10:47 PM
So I got one for Christmas and have never used a trail cam before. Built a good lock box for it and went and set it were I scene a double drop mulie expecting some pics. Left I there for almost 3 weeks and when I picked it up it only had about 10 picks on it. The picks where of us setting it up and when we took it down. It should have taken picks when it was there cause there was deer prints in the snow in front of it and someone found it and walked wright in front of it to check it out. I don't know what happened with it but any suggestions would be nice.

Kevwood
03-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I have an older moultrie cam I60 i think...it usually fires on movement, sometimes...most times late(a lot of pics of the back half of an animal). Anyway, I'm not sure how the newer models fare but maybe it is aimed too high and not picking up the activity shorter than yourself É how close were the deer to the cameraÉ and why the **** is this(É) symbol showing up when I type a question markÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ

fed
03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Was told it might be a little high. But it was pointed downwards a little. Even if it was a little high, it should have taken pics of whoever it was that found the cam on the tree?

Kevwood
03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
True...maybe check your manual and see if there is a trouble shooting tip for your issue? If not I would take it back...I ordered 3 Bushnell Trophy cams from BPS 2 years ago...got them here and set them up to test and only one of the three functioned properly...sent all of them back the next day...if it has not been too long past the exchange period, maybe try switching it out? maybe you got a dud?

fed
03-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I'll try that. Maybe I'll find which cat has been in my garbage after all:angry3: then I'll know which one to swerve to in the truck:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Kevwood
03-15-2012, 11:46 PM
haha...GL...hope you get it worked out...