PDA

View Full Version : rocky hunting

7mmweatherby
03-16-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm moving to rocky next month and will be my first time hunting not in edson I was just wondering how it is for elk mule deer and whiteys? Not asking for direction to honey holes just asking if its good. Maybe find a new hunting partner also thanks

Speckle55
03-16-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm moving to rocky next month and will be my first time hunting not in edson I was just wondering how it is for elk mule deer and whiteys? Not asking for direction to honey holes just asking if its good. Maybe find a new hunting partner also thanks

Talk to the CO there Tony and he will point you into the right areas or a hunter that may help you. and yes its good of course as all areas .... if you want to call on Ph just call 310-0000 and ask for Rocky CO office and introduce yourself and ask the same question as you posted here..
Good luck on your move.. recon helps:) study just done last year :thinking-006: on number of ungulates in zones

Food for Thought
David

Mr Hawken
03-17-2012, 08:05 AM
if you can give me some ideas around edson i can give you some around rocky.i used to live there for about 5 years.pm me for more details

roger
03-17-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm moving to rocky next month, I was just wondering how it is for elk mule deer and whiteys?.
waaay to busy, there are too many people from Edson coming down here.:argue2::scared0018:
just kiddin!

in rmh your 'one large coffee's drive' away from public lands in two or three directions.
hit the county office for a landowners map, then hit the gravel roads and knockn doors.
if you decide to head north easterly from rocky to see Bob at Custom Gunworks, that will give you good cross section of the farmland has to offer in that area. you may want to get the lacombe/rimbey/red deer county map as well, for gits and shiggles while your scouting.
of course, the mountains/foothills have there secret monsters

H380
03-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Guided there for 6 years , PM me for some locations .