PDA

View Full Version : bears

badchev
03-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Is there a season for bear or is it a varmit around Grand Prairie..... Also deer season when xoes it start in the fall is it rifle season with muzzle or is muzzle before rifle....

Thanks

rottie
03-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Yes bear are a game animal ,you need a licence , other than on private property.
Go to SRD web siute ans see uf the 2011 regs are still podted,all the info you need will be there

huntin
03-17-2012, 04:38 AM
Is there a season for bear or is it a varmit around Grand Prairie..... Also deer season when xoes it start in the fall is it rifle season with muzzle or is muzzle before rifle....

Thanks

Go take hunters Ed then read the regulations.

MikeK
03-17-2012, 07:32 AM
On behalf of all Albertans please stay out of the woods or at least learn rules.

mxer117
03-17-2012, 07:54 AM

Thanks

Uummmm.......are you trolling us?

decker
03-17-2012, 07:58 AM
If your a younger person trying to learn more about hunting here is the link to the hunter education program
http://www.aheia.com/
And hunting Regulations
http://albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/
Hope this helps you out on your search for answers, as this is what this forum is suppose to be about, not making new people scared to ask a question.:thinking-006:

rottie
03-17-2012, 08:25 AM
If your a younger person trying to learn more about hunting here is the link to the hunter education program
http://www.aheia.com/
And hunting Regulations
http://albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/
Hope this helps you out on your search for answers, as this is what this forum is suppose to be about, not making new people scared to ask a question.:thinking-006:

best response yet

biggmac
03-17-2012, 08:55 AM
best response yet

x2

badchev
03-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Actually I am not a Kid lived in Ab for 12 years then moved back to Sask. 3 years ago and am new to hunting And actually I took hunter ed 20 yrs ago... Rules are diff for each province and was just curious to how the regs work there. So dont need the *****hole comments. How does a person learn when they are told off. I have a cabin north of Peace River that has all the game I would like to shoot so was just curious as I am new to hunting so why not help new people out instead of discourage them from the sport?

diamonddave
03-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Take it with a grain of salt and listen to Decker. Best advice

Bennyj
03-17-2012, 09:48 AM
I agree,
I am sick and tired of seeing all of the negativity around questions that people ask. This forum was set up to network sportsmen and is supposed to be for others who have questions or are new to the sport to help and mentor one another.There are a few individuals on this site that have a sense of self entitlement to impose their personal opinions and constantly belittle others who have questions. Yes there are a number of locations that you can research to find out the majority of these questions, but is it up to you to tell someone that they don't have the right to ask them here?
Everyone goes through the same process to get onto this site and as far as i am aware there are no fees so why do you think that you have the right to dictate what qualifies as a legitimate question? All that you are doing is discouraging others from asking questions that may help them in the future.:mad3:
If you don't have a positive comment or some valuable advice for others on the forum then stay in your basement and leave your mouse alone!

CBintheNorth
03-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I agree,
I am sick and tired of seeing all of the negativity around questions that people ask. This forum was set up to network sportsmen and is supposed to be for others who have questions or are new to the sport to help and mentor one another.There are a few individuals on this site that have a sense of self entitlement to impose their personal opinions and constantly belittle others who have questions. Yes there are a number of locations that you can research to find out the majority of these questions, but is it up to you to tell someone that they don't have the right to ask them here?
Everyone goes through the same process to get onto this site and as far as i am aware there are no fees so why do you think that you have the right to dictate what qualifies as a legitimate question? All that you are doing is discouraging others from asking questions that may help them in the future.:mad3:
If you don't have a positive comment or some valuable advice for others on the forum then stay in your basement and leave your mouse alone!

Huge X2

Hornaholic
03-17-2012, 01:23 PM

Thanks

????? are you serious???

badchev
03-17-2012, 01:44 PM
As a matter of fact yes I am serious cause Sask I can go out muzzle loader before the rifle season. So really I dont think that is a dumb ? To ask is it...... You must be the rule maker cause you dont ask any ?'s and will never do anything wrong cause you sure dont encourage new people to take up the sport....

badchev
03-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Next you gonna tell me your gun is better than mine......

pottymouth
03-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I think there a certain amount of people, who expect to be given all the answers they need, instead of taking there own iniciative and making at least an attempt to figure it out themselves.

Every province or state has some form of synopsis or guide book, outlining and explaining everything people need answers too!

Forums such as this are a great tool, especially for expienced people helping inexpirenced people clarify and better understand what they may have problems understanding.

Negative answers stem from people who perceive certain individuals who would rather skip all the reading and searching, and get an online answer, from someone they have never met, and trust that they are telling the truth! Lazy to learn or find the answer, lazy in the field!!!

Basic knowledge and understanding, with lots of questions to reaffirm what you have understood, is good practice. asking for an easy answer, won't get you very far on this forum.............. You'll get out what you put in around here!

All the answers you need are available online, and posted above, or google is your friend!

rancho-non-relaxo
03-17-2012, 02:31 PM
As a matter of fact yes I am serious cause Sask I can go out muzzle loader before the rifle season. So really I dont think that is a dumb ? To ask is it...... You must be the rule maker cause you dont ask any ?'s and will never do anything wrong cause you sure dont encourage new people to take up the sport....

With the exception to a few areas there is no muzzle loader specific time. You can use your muzzle loader during regular rifle season. There is a archery season before the rifle season if you want to extend your hunt you will have to look at the regulations as the seasons differ depending on what zone you are in.
There is a spring and fall season for bears and depending on what zone you are in there could be a suplimental tag available for a second bear.
gotta love that second tag