PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lkae whitefish bite is on

goose
03-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Folks, the whites are hammering wetaskiwins at Gull right now. Friends of mine said they limited out in an hour in the morning. Too bad I'm off to Sylvan for the weekend, thought I would pass this on to this board.
Goose

Outt and Aboutt
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I've been meaning to get up to Gull for years to try some whites. Thinking of taking my boy up tomorrow. I've never been there before. Is it pretty obvious where to go (other people set up), or do you have to know the place firsthand to have much chance.
Coming up from the south.
Thanks for any advice
D

SNAPFisher
03-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey Outt. Since your coming from the South you may wish to also consider Sylvan. It is |-----| this much closer after all :)

Having really got into the whites for my first year Sylvan has offered the best opportunity to catch them. They are small but really aggressive. Almost perch-like at times which can be very fun for a young angler like your son. They seem to be everywhere in that lake but I have consistently done best on the North side.

Cheers!

nube
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I usually hit both lakes. The last 3 times out I have gone to gull in the morning and had limits of Burbot and a couple pike and then head to sylvan and catch a limit of whites. I usually have a hard time catching whites in gull. They are bigger but at sylvan they are numerous and bite better.

SNAPFisher
03-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah!! Even better. I have done the same myself. Nothing like keeping your son busy catching whites in the morning and a burbot frenzy to follow :D

Actually, this weekend I'm taking the wife and our two dads out to do just that Sylvan then to Gull. Good times!

BIG AL
03-07-2008, 02:10 PM
My dad and his buddies have been to Gull a couple of times this week and have limited out on whites both times.

Outt and Aboutt
03-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Now I'm pumped. We're going to give it a try!!
D

burbotman14
03-07-2008, 04:06 PM
i am planning to go to gull lake for the burbs
is brownlows a good spot
if not can you tell me where i can catch em

TundraBuck
03-07-2008, 05:03 PM
burbotman14, go to the north end. As far north as you can, and find other groups of shacks. You will find burbot.

nube
03-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Burbotman, This is about the 10 person to tell you a spot to go. JUST GO ALLREADY AND YOU WILL FIND THEM!!!!!!

SNAPFisher
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Maybe consider a name change to NOBurbotman14. Might be more suitable.