PDA

View Full Version : Gull whites

super mario
03-17-2012, 07:30 PM
WE went to late to lake some people were going home with then limit thx mike for help

Mike_W
03-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Hey Mario it was great to meet you! Glad to see you got into the whites after we left!!!

Mike

#1younggun
03-17-2012, 08:50 PM
What's the trick for whites at gull? I was out today and every one seemed to be landing them. But I couldn't even get them to bite, tried everything I thought they would be interested in but still nothing. :angry3: I eventually got fed up and just jigged for jacks. The day ended up being really good with lots of action between the jacks and big burbs.

P.s don't know if the whites are camera shy or not but I did have one set up the whole time, saw lots but caught nuthin. Is the camera possibly the reason?

Mike_W
03-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah I would get rid of the camera slow jigging and bouncing bottom should work good for you. If you can sight fish in a tent that should help.

super mario
03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah I would get rid of the camera slow jigging and bouncing bottom should work good for you. If you can sight fish in a tent that should help.
Right on Mike

#1younggun
03-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks Mike, I will try that next time I'm out. You got any favorite particular hook, if you don't mind sharing?

wharde
03-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Three of us from Camrose went to Gull Wednesday and the gal that was with us caught her limit of whites in less than an hour and the other lad got a couple. I never caught one of course but I did manage a nice pike. She was using a wetaskiwin special and I found it hard to believe that Whitefish would bite on that but I am definitely going to add a couple to my tackle box. I was fishing near the camera so maybe that made a difference????

Alberta Bigbore
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Congrats! Good stuff!

wildcat111
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
i found that the whites are camera shy, what i have been doing is putting the camera about 3 feet outside the tent, its a little harder to manage but back into catching lots of whites, i use a yellow wire worm tip with a maggot at gull and do pretty good

Speckle55
03-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Grats nice fish
:)
David

Mike_W
03-18-2012, 09:48 AM
What's the trick for whites at gull? I was out today and every one seemed to be landing them. But I couldn't even get them to bite, tried everything I thought they would be interested in but still nothing. :angry3: I eventually got fed up and just jigged for jacks. The day ended up being really good with lots of action between the jacks and big burbs.

P.s don't know if the whites are camera shy or not but I did have one set up the whole time, saw lots but caught nuthin. Is the camera possibly the reason?

Thanks Mike, I will try that next time I'm out. You got any favorite particular hook, if you don't mind sharing?

Any little spoon should work, I like mepps syclops spoons, wesaskawin specials, cicadas and wire worms.