PDA

View Full Version : The King & I

DNORTHERNSNIPER
03-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Well I went to the Edmonton Sportsman show to see The King...and Cody Robbins. Cody told me the story of how it all went down hunting this Monster Mulie.
He is a great story teller and just hearing his excitement as he was telling it was cool.
I got a copy of The King & I from him. And a few pictures with the buck and Cody.
Cody is a awesome guy and a great hunter and sets a great example for young hunters in his video's.
I went home and just watched this video....

There has never been a more dramatic, awesome hunting video.
The feeling you get watching it makes it like your right there with him stalking and it want to cheer when he finally gets his shot!
The whole dvd tells the story of hunting this deer and shows the world it was done in fair chase.
The editing is excellent and they have chosen the perfect dramatic music to make this dvd great.

288 0/8" WOW.. The Deer is HUGE!!
I stood in front of it and couldn't believe its mass.

I think it's pretty cool that Cody has chosen not to strip the bucks velvet off just to make it stand as an official Pope and Young WORLD RECORD.
He said he wants to remember this buck in all his glory the way he was the day he shot him.
The video says it will be listed as a world record for 1 year only,unless Cody strips the velvet off.

Whatever..Cody gets my Congratulations on his deer and everyone knows it's a record anyway.

And well done to the Live 2 Hunt crew for making a great hunting dvd on this buck.

NBFK
03-18-2012, 09:06 AM
I bought this dvd yesterday and watched it. Cody had some great history with this buck! Let the haters hate and be jealous, I had no problems giving L2 hunt 25 bucks for this dvd. Its great to have a guy in the industry this passionate to film hunts! This deer couldn't of been shot by a better guy!!!

Marko
03-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Seen the buck fri night at boat&sport show, and all I can say is WOW!! Helluva buck! And congrats to him!

ASAT1
03-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Seen it down at the ATA show in Columbus in Jan. and yeah its awesome, can't beleive how realistic and great they make those replicas look.Cody was saying that there is an offspring or brother of this deer on his property that could go bigger or close to same ,so im sure we'll be seeing him or Kelsy in future shows putting that one down.Right on Cody and congrats!:happy0180:

BIZJAY
03-18-2012, 09:21 AM
I checked that deer out at the show thursday, what a massive animal. I think its great he wants to remember the buck the way it was and not strip the velvet. I talked with him briefly and seems like a good lad, really enjoy his show and think hes ding a good job and the fact hes not going to change the deer in anyway to keep the memory there good for him.

Alberta Bigbore
03-18-2012, 09:22 AM
The buck was an absolute beast. It was nice to see the replica in person.

Bearen09
03-18-2012, 09:56 AM
The best hunt I have watched yet..It is unreal..

BrownBear416
03-18-2012, 11:16 AM
The best hunt I have watched yet..It is unreal..

X2 Best hunting video I have ever watched....

mightybuck
03-18-2012, 11:43 AM
There was a buck there ...all i saw was Kelsy Claypool.:)

Bearen09
03-18-2012, 12:19 PM
I bought this dvd yesterday and watched it. Cody had some great history with this buck! Let the haters hate and be jealous, I had no problems giving L2 hunt 25 bucks for this dvd. Its great to have a guy in the industry this passionate to film hunts! This deer couldn't of been shot by a better guy!!!

Very well said..
Ya I have never seen a vidio of this kind. If you don't get on the emotional bus there is something wrong....I never thought I could get so into a hunting vidio..... Unreal..

albertabear
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Can't wait to see it

Skinnydipper
03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
I wish Cody, Kelsey and the entire L2H crew the best of success. They represent the finest attributes of our passion! First Class!

chuck0039
03-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah I seen Cody there on saturday entertaining some young outdoorsmen. He posed for pictures with them and then gave them each a free copy of his DVD the King and I.

That was awesome to see that he was down to earth and willing to take the time to make some youngsters happy!

That is a world class deer that he has there. What a beast!

JohnB
03-18-2012, 01:33 PM
What a pig of a deer.

bigbuck
03-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Congrats to Cody. Just finished watching the video, pretty intense. He sure put in a lot of time and deserved to get it. Awesome video!!

Sooner
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Was there yesterday morning, what a nice deer. Should have grabbed a dvd, spent my money on quad draws. Dumb question time, that deer was the replica? if so whats the fake velvet made of.

JohnB
03-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Was there yesterday morning, what a nice deer. Should have grabbed a dvd, spent my money on quad draws. Dumb question time, that deer was the replica? if so whats the fake velvet made of.

I heard it was a replica, the velvet is flocking.

sheephunter
03-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Yes it was a replica. Pretty amazing story of the hunt for that big buck. It definitely was a hard-earned trophy to be proud of.

Springer
03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
I also spent time BS'n with Cody Friday afternoon. He is such a down to earth guy with lots of Class . He gave me some intell on what is happening with the Real set of antlers and the associated mount ...His Taxi will do a fine job as well. I bought the King and I as well as 2 others.

Looking forward to watching it this evening.
Yup a Hawg of a deer for sure.

outdoorsmen101
03-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Great video for sure! First class operation. Glad to hear he gave some of his vidoes away free to young up and comers. That doesn't appear to happen often in that group of pro's. It's more than about money for the L2H Team.

I'm willing to bet he has a line on some more big bucks! Congratulations and good luck in the future!

K44
03-19-2012, 05:50 PM
I had the pleasure of going on a spring bear hunt with Cody and Kelsey and can tell you they are great people and hard core hunters and I would share a blind with them anytime