PDA

View Full Version : Wizard lake

Thundercatcher
03-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I want to head to Wizard lake for one last kick at the cat. I have never been there before. Do you know if the ice is ok. I hope to got there on Thursday. I will be walking on of course.

Lefty-Canuck
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Ice SHOULD.....big should be fine to walk on. I was there this weekend and drove on with another member here who also drove on....:) The ice near shore is getting soft and I stepped into a soft spot that was above my ankles....but this was near a stream that flows in.....

LC

coyotezh
03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
I was there last Sunday. There are several people icefishing there. They all had vehicles parking beside them except one tent.... I also was driving around. Didn't see any soft spots. Maybe I was lucky!

Lefty-Canuck
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
I was there last Sunday. There are several people icefishing there. They all had vehicles parking beside them except one tent.... I also was driving around. Didn't see any soft spots. Maybe I was lucky!

I was walking and found this one....would not like to have seen what would happen if I drove in that spot....

Could see on my camera there was a current in the area....and the water temp was a bit warmer than other spots.....we moved to a different area although we saw a few nice perch there.

LC