PDA

View Full Version : Grassy/40 Mile

MuleyMonster
03-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Heading out early tomorrow morning for some perch at Grassy and hopefully limit out in the first 2 hours, move on to whitefish/pike/burbot. If the wind is too strong will pack it up and head to the south dam at 40 mile. Anyone who wants to join is more than welcome and any information on how the bite is would be appreciated. If you want to find me I will be parked on SHORE, no ice and my vehicle is a blue 4 door 2006 Ford F-150 and there will be a white regular cab Chev with me. Good luck everyone and catch the big one. Will post pictures Monday.

MuleyMonster
03-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Made it to Grassy and went to my usual spot and found some perch right away. Guys next to use were hammering them and in about 20 feet of water and we were in 30. Only caught little one after little one and by 12 decided to pack up and head to 40 mile. Talk to a couple of guys who were leaving and they caught their limit in about 40 feet of water. Seems the 30 foot mark was not the best choice.

40 mile was ok with us catching 4 pike (no legal) and a lot of little perch again. When the fishing is slow go exploring. Found a good stop to try for Pike and whitefish and ended up getting 2 whities and missed a good size pike.

Perch seem to be a little more picky right now but hey its the end of the season and they have seen a lot of hooks:D

owlhoot
03-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Was at Grassy Sunday also, fished at 45 feet, got 8 in 6 hrs, couple of 11 inchers, nice when its that warm without the wind.