PDA

View Full Version : Book a hunt at the Boat and Sport show?

singleshotom
03-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I was working a booth for a friend from South Africa and we had many people who showed interest in going on various types of safari's. And we did book a couple of trips.
I'm wondering how many people booked trips at the show this year to various places.
I know there are many people who have a wish list and wonder how many took the next step or are considering doing it now.
SST

BrownBear416
03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
I was working a booth for a friend from South Africa and we had many people who showed interest in going on various types of safari's. And we did book a couple of trips.
I'm wondering how many people booked trips at the show this year to various places.
I know there are many people who have a wish list and wonder how many took the next step or are considering doing it now.
SST

I never went this year so the answer to your question is no :)

My wish list is long but I find that hunts are getting so out of hand price wise that an average working man cant afford them.

Hard to do any kind of big game hunt these days under 8-10 grand. :confused:

Coldone
03-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Friend and I scoped out a couple different booths but we agreed a fishing trip was a little more reasonablity priced... We are both doing ok financially.. But both agreed.. The price was a little absurd for hunting in a province we live in..

mightybuck
03-20-2012, 09:04 PM
They had mountain goats for $8000 that was a good deal. But No I did not book any hunts though..

bigbuck19
03-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Picked up business cards for hunts in africa, just a tad too expensive. I'll be doing a fishing day trip in BC and a bed and breakfast, much more affordable.

singleshotom
03-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Many people were surprised to hear how reasonable a hunt in Africa can be, compared to hunting in Canada.
I know that the travel costs increase the price but the hunt itself is not out of reach for the average guy now a day provided he doesn't want to go after the more costly animals.
The smaller plains game provide a great hunt and the experience of seeing Africa make it a memorable time.
sst

ABLT7
03-29-2012, 07:00 AM
We talked with Pierre and his wife at their booth and are planning to go there in August. If you have hunted with them, did you use a local taxidermist in SA or did you bring your trophy home? thx
D